Thursday, March 13, 2008

Puddles and more!!!






As you can see we had some fun around here today!  When it finally hits 52 degrees after a brutal winter it feels like summer!  Due to some frozen drainage pipes between our house and our neighbors, an impressive lake formed this afternoon.  Well of course seeing this through the eyes of a 19 month old, a three year old, and two six year olds it was a not a flooded street, it was a water park!  My good friend and neighbor Kristi, and I let the kids be kids for a while after school.  They had a blast splashing around and making the most of a beautiful day!  As you can see Ruby was not to be left behind.  She charged right in with no fear!

So while I have many things to be thankful for this Thursday, I am mostly thankful for moments like this one today!

It has been a busy week, and I am looking forward to a fun weekend.  I am taking the girls to an Easter Egg hunt with the group of families we have met locally from China!  We are looking forward to more nice weather, and the upcoming Easter week!

Blessings,
Diana

16 comments:

Jodee said...

Cute pictures! Love those boots!

We are headed to an Easter egg hunt this weekend too. I can't wait to see your pictures!

Also, if you have time, will you please leave me a comment where you got Ruby's car seat cover? I thought you had posted it on Kim's blog a while back but I couldn't find it.

Michelle R Photography said...

So cute! You have captured a perfect childhood moment.

Michelle said...

Now that's my idea of a perfect day!

Kim said...

Precious pictures but even more precious kiddos! My Max would go nuts over those Curious George boots and rain coat!

Looks like a fun day!

Young Creations said...

Oh Diana,

The pictures are so adorable. I grew up in Arizona and while we didn't have the extreme COLD weather, we had the extreme HOT weather. However, one year in March, it rained, rained and then rained some more. It rained so much that we could actually take some wood and make a raft. We were actually rafting down our street. When I was reading your blog today, those were the memories that were coming to my mind. Thanks for sparking the wonderful childhood memories.

Have a great weekend.
Lauren

Joan said...

We have an alley behind our house so I was able to introduce the girls in the fine art of Slush Jumping and Puddle Play this week too.

:-)

Joan.

M's 玠玠 said...

The photos are just gorgeous! I have followed your journey to China through myadoptionwebsite. My family adopted my little mei mei from China through AWAA! I especially love Ruby's Harvard sweater! I cannot wait to take Maura out to play in the rain! My blog is thejourneyofmyheart.blogspot.com
We currently live in Japan. I blog about my mei mei and Japan!
God Bless,
Keara

Don and Lisa Osborn said...

It is such a joy to let go and experience things through the eyes of a child. Sometimes I have to remind myself to do that and not be so uptight about stuff and let her LIVE.

Glad you got a break in the weather (and the pipes, too).

Have a really fun time this weekend!

Love,
Lisa

Tracy said...

Awesome pictures - now THOSE are the types of days I wish I didn't work!!

Kate said...

I have a little puddle jumper myself! It is so great you let them have some wet fun...the boots are so cute!! Wonderful pictures!

jennifer said...

Have a great weekend. Love the pics and the song!

AmyO said...

Oh to be outside FINALLY!

Hopefully we can get our China group together at Como Park / Zoo in May to enjoy some spring weather!

Looking forward to seeing you in April!

TanyaLea said...

Reminds me of my own puddle splashing as a kid! How fun!!! Where can and adult get cute rainboots like that?!!

You do SUCH a wonderful job capturing these precious, treasured moments... these photos will be a blessing to the girls when they are older! And to all of us onlookers, we feel as though we are right there!! What kind of a camera do you have? It seems to take really good pics!

Have a wonderful Ruby Tuesday, and a VERY Happy Easter!! God bless! <><

~Tanya (Becker, MN)

Linette said...

Thank you for your comment on my blog! I have been following yours for a while. :) I must have found it thru Lisa O!

Isn't it great to get outside?! Love the pics of the girls..they are both so beautiful!

Leslie said...

Oh I love it! Looks like so much fun! We were playing outside today as well and it was wonderful! Love the boots!
Thank you also for the very special quilt square and hair bow, I means so much to us!

Wendy said...

Okay, who went to Harvard or are these girls on their way! Too cute!

No Hands But Ours

Blog Archive