Monday, March 3, 2008

Feeling very nostalgic this week!


One year ago today we were up at our cabin playing in 15" of snow, checking in on RQ, and praying that our LID of 10/24 would be including in the next batch of referrals.  All rumors were stating that we would miss the cut-off by one or two days.  I believe by the power of prayer we were included.  Ruby's referral was dated the day that I sent out an urgent prayer request about being in!  On March 5th 2007, at 4:30 am, I would find out that indeed 10/24 was included!  It WAS the cutoff date!  I am working on a special post for our dear sweet Ruby Mei for Wednesday!

Since Wednesday's post will be all about 'Her Rubiness', I want to take the time now to thank some very special people that stood by me/us during our wait.  
  • First, and foremost, God who chose this amazing child for our family!!!  He was so faithful with the referral of Yue Meng Ru!
  • Jeff - who never wavered in his faith during our adoption process.  He was, and is, such an inspiration to me.
  • Ainsley - who dreamed about her little sister in a pink tu-tu!
  • Sally & Steve, Liz & Jon, Robyn & George, Jenny & Chris, Sheri & Rob - Our family group who started this journey with us, and stood by us month after month.  It was such a joy to call each family after we got "The Call!"
  • To our parents and siblings - For never questioning our plan, and for faithfully waiting with us!
  • For my Monday Night Prayer Sisters - Lisa, Jill, Shauna, Edi, Jackie, Kim, Gaylie, & Lynn.  What a blessing to share my Monday nights with you during our wait!
  • To Lisa O.  - Too many things to list!  Mostly, I am thankful for your friendship!!
  • The October "RQ" Mom's - This was such a special group of women to count down with!  We shared the highs and the lows!  The celebrations were sweet as one by one we received our referrals!  A special thank you to Kim for being there then and now!
  • To Leeanne - For having coffee with me for a year!  And, celebrating with us from China!
  • To Amy P. at AWAA - What would I have done with out you?!!!!
  • To Amy S. our amazing Social Worker!  Thanks for everything!!
  • Liz - Who stepped in as photographer and videographer when the Fed-ex Stork came!
  • To Ruby's incredible birth mother....  For trusting enough to give up your precious child.  I do believe you know that she is safe and loved!  I also know you are incredibly beautiful both on the inside and out!  Precious Ruby exudes joy from her inner being!
  • For Mei - Who found Ruby and made sure she would be safe always!
  • For Ruby's Foster Mother - Who clearly loved her!
  • For Liz U. who put our entire "Journey to Ruby" together in one amazing book!
  • To everyone who signed our guest book during our wait, during referral, and during our trip to China.  I wept as I read some of your messages last night!  What a treasure!
  • To Joe and Jen at www.myadoptionwebsites.com who did such an amazing job with "Journey to Mei Mei - Ruby Mei!"
I look forward to sharing some of my most cherished memories here on Wednesday!
Love,
Diana

17 comments:

Don and Lisa Osborn said...

And you have EVERY right to feel nostalgic. I can't believe it has nearly been a year since I received that special call from you. I remember having a sick, worried feeling wondering how I would comfort you IF...

I am so glad things worked out as perfectly as they did. Our God is so good and faithful and I am so blessed He revealed Ru's face to you at just the right time.

Rejoicing in this very special time for your family and thanking you for your special friendship and love.

xoxo,
Lisa

Denise said...

I can't wait for Wednesday!

Lee said...

You are always my example of making wonderful new friends that we would never have met without the joy of adoption. And I'll never forget logging in from China to see your amazing news and the precious face of Meng Ru!

You, Jeff, Ainsley and Ruby are such a testament to the strength of family and the power of faith. It has been a pleasure to share this journey with you, and I cannot wait to see what the future holds for our girls.

All the best as you celebrate your referral-versary!

AmyO said...

Congrats on your "1 Year Referral Day"! Where do you get Ruby's bows? Olivia's been getting better a wearing them.

Kate said...

I can't wait to read about your day on Wednesday. We, too, were the last day included on our referral batch and I remember how stressful those last few days were waiting to find out if we were in.

Enjoy the trip down Nostalgia Lane!

Kate

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Anonymous said...

Beautiful post, Diane! I am so thankful for our sweet SW who journeyed with us in the paperwork. Ruby is gorgeous in this photo, as always!

Jodee said...

I, too, can't wait for Wednesday!

Tracy said...

Your journey and e-mails were always an inspiration to me, Diana - and I thank you for that. Wow - so hard to believe it has been one year since you knew you were IN!! I am so thrilled for how amazing your family is.

Heather said...

Some of your most cherished memories will certainly be the treasures of us, as well - I remember the joy of referral and especially the limb you climbed out on with us when it was our turn...I pray I have stepped out on that limb over this year for you, as well.

Ruby is amazing, great picture - I look forward to reliving the specialness of this week with you:)

Love,
Heather

jennifer said...

I can't wait to see that post! Yours was one of the first websites I found from the AWAA group. I remember when you got that referral! I have so enjoyed seeing Ruby grow and flourish. It makes this wait a little easier.

Jenn said...

What a wonderful picture of "Her Rubiness"!

I'm looking forward to tomorrow's post!

Blessings!

Jenn

Michelle R Photography said...

What a beautiful photo! Her joy comes across in all your photos.

Sharon said...

What a great post and an incredible year. I have commented before, but you may have forgotten. I just posted some pictures of a TX snow that reminded me of MN. As we are waiting on TA..any day..and praying for a miracle to travel next Thursday, I was inspired by your comment about praying powerfully. Would love it if you said a prayer for us...my arms ache to hold my son. I check your blog often and love to keep up with your MN adventures..always make me homesick. Congrats on your first year!! I rejoice with you!
Sharon
I have also become good friends with Denise and hope to travel with her..just saw her post.

Laurie said...

All I can say is Ruby is simply beautiful!

Young Creations said...

Your pictures are so beautiful. I have been reading your story since before you went to China to get Ruby. I lovedthe pictures of you and Jeff with Ruby as she you got of the plane. I have watched you explain how Ainsley and Ruby have built their sibling relationship. It makes me happy to see you all doing so well.

Enjoy this week!!!
Lauren

3 Peanuts said...

Diana,

What a beautiful post! How wonderful to stop and think about all the people that surrounded you with love during your wait for Ruby Mei. As we have said so many times..these grils were handpicked by God for our families. how blessed you are.

Love,
Kim

No Hands But Ours

Blog Archive