Wednesday, April 23, 2008

More Surprises!

Cake anyone?

Rubber Gloves with style!

This morning, Ruby and I had a breakfast date with Miss Liz, of the infamous, "Camp H!"
When we arrived, I asked the hostess to point me to the table where the cute blonde was waiting.. When I turned the corner, there was the world's biggest balloon on the table, and Liz along with my dear friend Jenny.  Next came Sally, and then Robyn.  These are the incredible friends that have been with me thru the highs and lows of life in the past few years.  These are my amazing family group Mom's.  All special, and all like sisters to me.  It was such a fun breakfast and another fun surprise for the birthday week.

For those of you who know me well, you know that the tasks of the everyday household chores do not speak my love language.  But, now that I have the world's CUTEST rubber gloves and matching apron, I may be inspired to find joy in the meal planning, the laundry and cleaning the bathrooms!  Can I just say that my new SHOE cake server with the Ruby Red heel is fabulous.  It may never leave my counter!  Definitely worthy of display, don't you think!?  I LOVE it!  Thank you Liz!

OK - time to go..  I have some new chocolate with caramel on the inside to partake in while 'Her Rubiness' is sleeping!  Thank you ladies for making this such a special day!  I love you all!!!

Tomorrow is actually the 4th time I will turn 40!  Thank you for all of your sweet messages!  I did the math today, I will be a young 60 when Ruby Mei heads off to college...  OUCH!


Blessings,
Diana

12 comments:

The Oswalds said...

love that cake server!!!

Adam said...

Happy
Happy
Happy
Happy
Birthday!

Anonymous said...

Diane,
I just love it all!!! I think you and I share the same love for household chores. I don't ever want Kim to show up unannounced!!! It would rock my world upside down!!! Happy Birthday and I too shall be 62 years YOUNG when Darci graduates if she ever gets here!!!

Laurie said...

That is THE classiest cake server I've ever seen. I say display, display, display! Glad you had a fun breakfast with your friends. At the rate China is going, I'll be almost 70 when #2 goes to college. OH MY!!

3 Peanuts said...

So adorable! Happy happy b-day dear friend. Your gist from me will be delayed as it is a custom order;)

Kim

jennifer said...

Sounds great! What wonderful friends. I haven't wanted to add up the years yet, but I'm soon it will be close to yours. If I ignore that fact, do you think it will get better?

Heather said...

Diana - that cake server is darling!! What beautiful friends and friend, you are so worthy of celebration. Happy for you that you have enjoyed a wonderful week!

Enjoy all the surprises!

Love,
Heather

Stacie said...

Happy Birthday Diane!! You look AMAZING for any age! You should post your beauty secrets! :-)

Ainsley and Ruby grow more beautiful each day- can't believe it has been almost a year!

Stacie

Leslie said...

Diana you are radiant at any age! I saw Helen Hunt this morning on Regis and you kind of remind me of her, so pretty! Happy Birthday!!! So glad you have great friends to treat you to a special day!

Angie said...

A very happy birthday to you, sweet Diana! If it makes you feel any better, I may be a young 60 before I get my refferal! :)

15 months down
???? to go!

God bless you - Angie

Annette said...

Whenever I see your two daughters together it makes me smile. They are so precious together. Their age difference seems to be around what I imagine our daughter and her Mei Mei will be when she comes home. You can definately see the love they have for one another. By the way... Happy, Happy Birthday! I've had a few "40" birthdays too! I try not to even think about being in my 60's when she finished college... it stresses me out!

Dan and Karen said...

Happy Birthday Diana!

Hope your special day is Wonderful! Don't worry about being 60 when her Rubiness heads to college, I already know she's so smart she'll be heading to college when she's 12!! (but will still live at home of course until she is 26!) :-)

No Hands But Ours

Blog Archive