Thursday, April 10, 2008

Thankful Thursday!

Ruby's latest modeling pose... I say "smile" she does the tilt!!
So excited to actually be outside in her backyard!
So happy!!!!
A very special Daddy with his little ruby...

Wow it is Thursday already! I bet most of you are not waiting for another snow storm to hit! Yes, it is true... I am not quite sure how to be thankful for that, but by the end of this post I will think of something!!

This week I am thankful for:
  • The memory of seeing Ruby Mei get into her new toddler swing yesterday with Jeff on the swing set. She was sooooo excited! She loves to swing and climb! I think we will be spending a lot of time out there!
  • The beautiful concert that I attended with my sister on Sunday night to benefit Parkinson's. The anniversary of my brother-in-law's death from this awful disease is April 15th. I am thankful that I am hear to celebrate Jack's life with her.
  • So many of you have asked me about how Baby Madison is doing. Daily she reminds Julie and Todd of the miracle she is. She had to have another un-expected procedure two weeks ago where a stint was inserted so her heart would not have to work so hard. God protected Maddy again, and she is doing great! We continue to pray for protection. We are thankful spring will be here someday so we can start spending time with Maddy. Risk of infection has been too great, so the last time I really saw her was when I took her pictures.
  • I am thankful for Jeff, and the weight he carries around here. I am blessed with a husband who gives 150% both at work and at home. I tell him all the time, that he is the best "wife" I have ever had! Last night, he helped Ruby get back to sleep at 3am. Thanks honey!!
  • I am thankful for the way my 5th grade girls blessed me last night... We only have four weeks left. They reminded me last night just why I do this!! This verse is very applicable to what we have been studying, "The Lord does not look at the things man looks at. Man looks at the outward appearance, but the Lord looks at the heart." 1Sam 16:7
  • I am thankful for the China Special Needs program, and how it has grown with the long wait. What a blessing to see Maggie and Hudson blossom in the last 10 days. Tomorrow they begin the next chapter of their journeys, their trips home!!
  • I am thankful for two TV shows, that we actually can watch as a family, "Extreme Home Makeover," and "American Idol." We all look forward to these nights together! Who do you think is going home tonight?
  • Lastly, I am thankful that it is Masters weekend! Jeff and I were lucky enough to attend this event in 1999. We have such great memories from our weekend in Augusta, GA!
OK - I am digging down deep to be thankful for the weather forecast... It will be quick, and within days they promise we will see 60's.

I hope you have time to count your blessings today!

11 comments:

Unknown said...

Ok, I love your blog, your pics and your family..You are a very thankful person?

Going home? hmmm

Bottom 3
Irish Girl
Syesha
Brooke (boohoo)

Don and Lisa Osborn said...

Di~

What a wonderful post! I love how you can find so many things to be thankful for and how you share them with those around you.

You radiate Christ, my friend.

Love you and am THANKFUL for you!

Lisa

Lee said...

Great list!

We're enjoying this season of American Idol too -- Ellie alternates between saying "more singing," and "all done show." She's not a fan of long commercial breaks, but then, neither am I. I think Syesha will go home tonight...

Young Creations said...

Oh we are HUGE American Idol Fans. Check out our blog. We went to the taping this week.
Lauren

I think it will be Brooke going home tonight.

shelley said...

Thanks so much for the weekly reminder to count our blessings. Love your blog

3 Peanuts said...

Di~

What a beautiful list...I am actually posting mine now and linking here. THANK YOU for the darling gift. You are the sweetest (not just because of that). love you.

I love Ruby's new pose. It is adorable. Kate has one too---it is called pushing the camera out of her face!

kim

Heather said...

Oh how we love Ruby and Ainsley - I think my girls feel a kindred spirit to you and yours.

Hoping Ruby is feeling better, certainly looks that way:)

I always look forward to your Thursday posts - your gracious spirit and faith bring such joy to my heart - thank you Diana. You bless me.

Love,
Heather

jennifer said...

When you were waiting, did you follow a certain family that you really clung to? You are that family to me. Ruby is the most adorable thing I have ever seen! I love seeing how she has grown and is loving life. The tilted head is the best!

I am so sorry you are still getting snow!! I won't tell you how sunny and warm it is here!! lol...

Jenn said...

I feel like a broken record when I say that your girls are so beautiful. But they are! They just make me smile when I come to your blog! The love of Christ, family, friends, and life just radiates from your pages! I love it!

Thank you for sharing your thankful heart. I love reading it. :o)

Happy Blessings!
Jenn

Anthony and Kari said...

Diana,

I enjoy your blog so much. You are also that family I clung to. We are just now considering adoption from China and your family is one of those families that bring joy an hope.
You are such a blessing to us!. Thank you Diana and Family.

Stefanie said...

I am loving the 'tilt' :) That Ruby Mei could do anything and still be the cutest little thing!
Thank you for the reminder of all there IS to be thankful for... in our hurried and busy lives we miss so much but you do a great job of finding the silver lining of everything! :)

No Hands But Ours

Blog Archive