Saturday, January 2, 2010

Random Ramblings...



Happy New Year! Wow, are we excited for 2010 to be here.. It's hard to believe that soon Sienna Grace will be home! We have been extremely busy over our Christmas vacation getting ready for her.

Ainsley & Ruby have been patient as Jeff and I have torn our house apart. We have had several projects on our list, that we have wanted done before we leave for China. And, since he was home this past week it has been time to check them off our list... Let's just say our lower level looked like a bomb had gone off at one point. We have made great progress! We love being organized, and I can honestly say we are getting there!!! New Years Eve I found a new kitchen table, so Sienna has a place to sit! We can now comfortably seat 6-8!!

A few more hours of work, and I think I will feel pretty ready for that TA when it arrives! Other than the panic of packing that will set in!! We have our Visa's, so we can turn things pretty quickly when Great Wall calls us to say "come and get her!!!"

Some of you have asked how long until we get our TA. All I can say is it is taking anywhere from 2 weeks - 30days on average. But, like our Letter of Acceptance that we received on 11/23 we are hopeful we will be surprised!!! That only took 8 days. We are up against the Chinese New Year clock for a consulate appointment. We are hopeful it will work out! If not, we will travel at the end of February...

In between cleaning the closets yesterday, I printed out our blog posts for 2009. Something I try to do every January. I now have almost 3 years of posts saved in hard copy for the girls.
(Yes - I know I printed a tree yesterday.) I hope one day they will appreciate why I take so many photos of them, and write about the randomness of our days. Some day I will take it to the next level and slurp it all into a book for them.

**The photos above were taken Christmas week by Liz and me. A few personal favorites that I didn't have time to post until now... Have I mentioned I CAN NOT WAIT to take Sienna's photo! Let's pray she likes the camera. My current subjects are over me!

I will be honest and state that I look forward to Monday, and what the first full week of 2010 has in-store for this waiting family! I also have two blog pals leaving for China this week, so I can't wait to live vicariously through them as they meet their new toddlers!!!!

Blessings for a very special 2010!



14 comments:

Ashton said...

Happy New Year! I cannot wait for you to be able to go get sweet Sienna! She is so cute!
PS....We leave for China on the 19 (: Hope you follow close behind!

Emily said...

Oh I hope your TA comes soon! Cannot wait to follow your journey to your sweet girl!!! By the way, their room is AMAZING. So, so beautiful.

JulieM said...

So excited for your family and to watch your journey unfold. We may need to take some travel tips from you in the future :)! We enjoyed some time at the MOA and more specifically Lego Land and American Girl over Christmas. The girls were in dolly heaven! It is always a fun trip when we head to your city!
Blessings in 2010

jennifer said...

I'm right there with ya!! Come on Monday!!! Enough with all these holidays...we have important business to take care of!!!

Love the pics. Hope you got all your stuff done. I almost have Wesleigh's room ready. I've started collecting our suitcases and moving some things into the packing pile...Come on TA!!

Tracy said...

Try blurb.com or blog2print for printing each year! It's a great way to capture each year of the blog and get a nice glossy hardbound, "hardcopy" !

Looking forward to those Sienna Grace photos too1

Mei Mei s and Mayhem said...

Your girls are so cute as always!!

Im having my first blog GIVEAWAY!!! Come by and say Hello!!

Anonymous said...

Diana, I know you will have your hands full for quite some time, but you can make a book out of your blog posts on blurb.com pretty easily. There is software your download and then you can have it "slurp" your posts and photos into a book. I have done this before and found it quite easy. You can even exclude certain posts if you want. Perhaps something to consider when Sienna is home and you've settled back in. Take care.

Mimi's Toes said...

Blessings to you and your precious family for a most Wonderful 2010.

Sunny said...

I'm praying that your TA arrives next week! GWCA will receive ours in just a few days and have placed us in the January 21st Travel Group! WOO HOO!

I have torn my house apart. I've cleaned out EVERY drawer and closet this past week and I'm busy organizing the girls' rooms now.

Thinking of you!

3 Peanuts said...

I am so excited for you...This year is going to be full of sweet smiles and blessings from all 3 of your girls.
I cannot wait for your TA. I think it will be this week:)

I can relate to the organizing and cleaning....even though no one is joining our family, we have been going room by room, sorting organizing and lightening our load immensely. We did Harry's room and Will's room and I will do Kate's this week. Our boys collect so much JUNK!!! I also tackled our holiday decoration closet. As much work as it is, it feels so good when it is done.

You nest will be all ready for little Miss Sienna:)

Robin said...

So much to do I know and so very much to look forward to!!!

Blessings for a very quick TA
Robin

TanyaLea said...

Oh Di ~ praying your TA comes SOON!! (this week would be great!) I'm praying for our LOA, too. We are officially 46 days since our LID, so I'll be stalking my caller ID from her on out for big news from our agency! ;)

And I'm with ya on the cleaning... only I have several 'projects' still on the 'To Do' list!! The nesting sydrome has set in and I'm slowly but surely getting things done, and it feels SO good!!

I can't wait to see all those great photos of your precious Sienna on here, too! It won't be long now, and you'll be hearing sister whispers and giggles coming from that sweet bedroom you just finished off! Oh the JOY!!!

Hugs,
Tanya

Football and Fried Rice said...

There is NO way that Sienna won't LOVE the camera!! With the Pearl & the first Ruby to model it for her!! PLUS, judging from your updated pictures - the girl isn't that shy around the lens!!

snekcip said...

COME ON TA!!!! I'm cheering it on from TEXAS!!!!

No Hands But Ours

Blog Archive

Blog Archive