Sunday, March 14, 2010
4 Days Home with Miss Sienna Grace!

There is only one way to say this, "Re-entry" after a China Adoption is brutal! But after four full days home now, we are coming out of the fog! Last night everyone finally slept at normal times, and in their own beds! A huge victory!! Just in time for Ainsley to go back to school and Jeff to go back to work. Wow, am I going to miss them!!!
Sienna is doing beautifully! We are so proud of her! She is such a different child than the little girl we met in Changsha just two weeks ago. Considering all that has happened we are just thrilled with her progress. She is attaching well, and beginning to trust us. She is happy most of the time, and so silly! She and Ruby are doing as well as we could ask for. As you all would expect de-throning "Her Rubiness" has not been easy! She is clearly the baby in this family, and we are happy it is going to stay that way! Sienna has handled her meltdowns so well. She usually gives Ruby what she is melting over, or puts an arm around her to comfort. She is so sweet, and a wonderful big sister!
We are starting to slowly hear some English words come out of Sienna's mouth. Our favorites so far, "Get Away" to our two dogs, and "Yummy" in the aisle at Costco when she saw Noodle Bowls! Too funny!
It is clear that she understands a lot of what we say, which is so amazing! Noodles and eggs have become a staple around here. We love watching her eat with chop sticks at each meal. She has such finesse. I think we have our future surgeon in the family.
We have had many wonderful moments, but I will close with this one story because it is late...
Tonight Ainsley got a sliver in her foot... I had her on the kitchen island trying to get it out.
Sienna was very interested in watching. She held onto Ainsley's hand, and one of her legs very gently. And, she tenderly kept looking at her to make sure she was "ok." We could not get the little sliver out, so we moved Ainsley to better light to a chair in my office. Now this was at Sienna's eye level. She started to assist, pressing on the area where the sliver was trying to help. But, not like a four year old. Like a child who has assisted in a surgical office! In the end, Sienna was the one that got the sliver out! I am not kidding!!!! This last photo is of her involved in Ainsley's "Procedure!" There are many sides to Miss Sienna Grace!
More soon, enjoy the pics from our first four days at home! Today was the best so far! We look forward to many more!
DAY 1





Thanks for checking in on us! More soon if I can find a minute to post without my "A Team" home!
Blessings,
Diana
Labels:
Sienna Grace,
Sienna Grace - Photos
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Blog Archive
-
▼
2010
(182)
-
▼
March
(27)
- Two Very Special "Spicy Girls!"
- Wordless Wednesday!
- Sienna Learns to Ride!
- Easter Egg Hunt 2010
- Wordless Wednesday!
- Sienna's First Cabin Trip!
- Only 35 more signatures to 2000!!!!
- What's Bedtime Like at Your House?
- A Day in the Life of "Thing 1 and Thing 2"
- Wordless Wednesday!
- Today...
- 4 Days Home with Miss Sienna Grace!
- Welcome Home Sienna Grace!
- Coming Home
- Sweet Sienna
- UPDATE
- Prayers for Sienna
- Sienna's Salon & Spa at OneTrueMedia.com
- Sienna's Medical Exam
- In Guangzhou!
- Celebrating Ruby's Referral From China!
- My Montage 3/3/10 at OneTrueMedia.com
- Changsha - Wal*Mart with Sienna
- Silly Sisters
- Eye Candy
- A good day
- Introducing Miss Sienna Grace
-
▼
March
(27)
Blogs I Try to Keep Up With!
-
God's Got Her3 weeks ago
-
Melting into July~4 weeks ago
-
Destin Day 45 years ago
-
-
The Fourth7 years ago
-
What I have read lately7 years ago
-
-
{Happy Birthday to you...}8 years ago
-
-
Flood Part 4: Shelter Living9 years ago
-
-
Celebrating 2 Years With "Sweet Colin"11 years ago
-
Hilton Head ~ 201412 years ago
-
-
DON'T EVER QUIT !!!12 years ago
-
Adoption
Blog Archive
- 2014 (10)
- 2013 (57)
- 2012 (153)
- 2011 (205)
-
2010
(182)
- December(18)
- November(12)
- October(9)
- September(15)
- August(12)
- July(16)
- June(16)
- May(13)
- April(16)
-
March(27)
- Two Very Special "Spicy Girls!"
- Wordless Wednesday!
- Sienna Learns to Ride!
- Easter Egg Hunt 2010
- Wordless Wednesday!
- Sienna's First Cabin Trip!
- Only 35 more signatures to 2000!!!!
- What's Bedtime Like at Your House?
- A Day in the Life of "Thing 1 and Thing 2"
- Wordless Wednesday!
- Today...
- 4 Days Home with Miss Sienna Grace!
- Welcome Home Sienna Grace!
- Coming Home
- Sweet Sienna
- UPDATE
- Prayers for Sienna
- Sienna's Salon & Spa at OneTrueMedia.com
- Sienna's Medical Exam
- In Guangzhou!
- Celebrating Ruby's Referral From China!
- My Montage 3/3/10 at OneTrueMedia.com
- Changsha - Wal*Mart with Sienna
- Silly Sisters
- Eye Candy
- A good day
- Introducing Miss Sienna Grace
- February(10)
- January(18)
- 2009 (181)
- 2008 (179)
- 2007 (91)











30 comments:
I am so glad to hear that Sienna is adjusting so well. Yes, re-entry is brutal. If you feel like the fog is lifting after just four days, you are doing way better than I ever have! :)
I love looking at all of these pictures. Sienna and Ruby look like they have been best buds forever. You have two happy helpers on your hands. And how cute is the pajama swapping?!? Just adorable.
Lovely! What a great capture on the last one! Thanks for the updates! Keeping you in my thoughts and prayers, still.
So cute! Loved the pictures! We are waiting on our "RA" for a four year old in China, so I really enjoyed following your journey! Hopefully we will be doing the same in May!
So glad to hear things are getting back to some kind of "normal" and Miss Sienna is doing well. The pictures are great and the story of Sienna "assisting" is cracking me up.
Blessings,
Mandi
That last picture and that story are so cute! What a sweetie she is with a compasionate heart...just like her mommy! Hope the fog completely lifts soon. Re-entry is NO fun!!
Praise God that she is settling in so beautifully! The pictures speak volumes :)
I TOTALLY know what you mean about coming home, it's SO tough! I was grateful that Chris was lucid during my first week home... at least ONE of us was functioning ;)
Hope this week everything smooths out without Jeff home :)
oxoxoxo!
Oh, I remember how WONDERFUL everything about home felt, even with the exhaustion. I remember walking in the front door closing my eyes, and taking a deep breath to inhale the smell. Love seeing all your beautiful girls together, and to hear that things are moving along smoothly.
Sending you all much love and hugs,
Tami
Go Sienna! I am praying for many many more GOOD and WONDERFUL days for her and the rest of your beautiful family.
Love the pic of Ruby and Sienna sweeping, can you send them over when they're done cleaning up at your place? :-)
I love reading all the little details. Miss Sienna sounds like the perfect addition to the R family. Each photo is just gorgeous. These will become your faves later on. I know that the smile we captured of Kate that first week home are still some of my favorites. Even though it is hard, I think you will feel nostalgic about the beginning later on.
I wish I could come help today:) I would bring you meals and do some laundry and play polly pockets.
The love between all 3 girls is adorable and so evident.
K
LOVE IT!! : ) I love the sweet photos. Praying for you all as you adjust to life as a family of 5!
So happy to see the update! I am cheating now on my Lenten fast from blogs...I was only supposed to be checking in on my friends who were in China, but I just had to see how Sienna was doing. I love all of the pics, but especially the ones of Ruby and Sienna together. Guess I better control myself until after Easter now. Hugs to all~
So glad you are getting back to your new normal!
Awww Diana, this is all so wonderful to read...and the shifting dynamics between Ruby and Sienna, so perfectly ordinary (in the very best sense of the word). It sounds as if everyone is settling into your new family arrangement beautifully. And while the sibling "stuff" may be ordinary, your daughters certainly are not...they are extraordinary! Precious, beautiful, brilliant (but then, you know all that!). :)
We are so happy for your family! With continued prayers,
Amy and Family
To happy to hear Sienna and the girls are doing well. She sounds like such a little sweetie!! Love all the photos!!!
Beautiful pictures! Sienna is just precious!
Blessings,
Amy <><
Finally catching up on your blog- my computer was getting worked on for some issues the past 5 days!!
Looks like everyone is adjusting well and happy to be home. Ruby and Sienna look so cute playing together. Sienna's eyes have a sparkle about them that conveys happiness and contentment. I know it must be hard for Ruby to have to "share" everyone and everything with someone her size.
P.S. Ainsley needs a "best big sister award"- she is just amazing with her sisters. I can see she has a VERY big heart.
Oh Diana! These pictures are precious. I am so happy the fog is lifting...please know we continue to cover you in prayer.
Sending hugs and love as you adjust...all three girls look like they are doing so well.
Much, much love,
Heather
I just cannot get over these pictures. You are so blessed!
I LOVE reading this post. You are living my dream... of when we come home with SJ and the girls are best sister and friends. I can't wait for the day when they play with all the toys and dress up together. Thank you for giving me a glimpse into your wonderful life. Although I do remember the first days home. Bless you as you make through the day.
The girls look so sweet together. I guess they will wear the same size? They look like they have been together forever!!!
I pray with each passing day, things will settle down and everyone will be more rested! Spring is coming and that will make a HUGE difference!
Blessings!
It looks like life is getting back to normal for your family. I am so happy that you have Sienna Grace home. 3 beautiful daughters you have. How lucky!!! We have enjoyed your journey to bring Sienna home:) It looks like most of your snow has melted? Ours has too...I am thinking we may not live too far from your family as we are on the Northern Minnesota border:)
Love hearing about the many sides of Miss Sienna. Glad things are going well & that the fog is beginning to lift...in just 4 days! Great! Hugs!
love it, love it, love it!!!! thanks for sharing!!!
I'm so happy for your family!
Many blessings!!!!
Oh THAT fog. Isn't it awful!
Glad your coming through just fine and the girls are all doing great!
They're beautiful together. What a blessing!
Jill
It's wonderful to read your update! I am glad everyone is settling back and starting to get back on a regular sleep schedule. Enjoy these days!
Oh Diana,
It is so awesome to see all the pictures with Sienna now a part of your family. It brought tears to my eyes!
Merrie
So glad to hear that Sienna is adjusting. What a sweet story.
So wonderful to hear and see how great Sienna is doing. Your pictures speck volumes and you can just see the love radiating!
Blessings to all of you and so glad that Dr. Sienna was in the house to assist/lead Ainsley's "procedure" (that story is too funny by the way)!!!
Blessings, Ashley
Oh they are so cute together! Love all of the pics - especially the last one and the story that goes with it! I think she might be your little surgeon!! Hope today went well sans "Mr Handsome"! Wish I could be there to help you out- know that we are thinking about you!!
So glad you guys are home and getting settled! I love that look on Sienna's face while she was operating on her big sister. She may just be a brilliant doctor one day! Still sending prayers your way!
Kim