Wednesday, December 1, 2010

{Black & White Wednesday} A Studio First For Me

A while ago a friend from Ainsley's school emailed me about a new Photography Studio that was opening here for amateur or professional photographers to rent. It was started by a friend of hers who, while not a professional photographer, wanted a place to take pictures of her children in the cold winter months. So, she got this great idea, and created this great concept. They offer a natural light studio, along with all of the accessories you would need to feel like a pro!

Recently, a friend of ours was diagnosed with cancer. She has battled with it all with such courage and grace while being pregnant with her second child. One month ago she delivered her healthy and beautiful baby boy. Melissa reached out to me to take pictures of her babies. So, immediately I called "UClick Studio's" to see if I could reserve time in their natural light studio. I booked it for two hours and called my pal Julie to see if I could take photos of her three year old miracle Maddie too for practice! Many of you here prayed for the miracle of Maddie when she was born with a severe heart defect. I thought it would be fun for you to see her now! So, that was my Monday afternoon. Three adorable kids, on a rainy/snowy day indoors, in a great studio, pretending to be a pro! I could totally get used to playing photographer in some cool studio loft one day! I have a long way to go in capturing a one month old.... Clearly an art for those who specialize in infant photography! I was also shooting with a new lens.. So, let's just say I learned a lot for next time!

Here are a few photos from my first studio shoot:

Maddie-228CloseupBWMinkBlog

As you can see, Maddie has the most gorgeous eyes to photograph!

Maddie-231-BlackHatLightHazeBlog

She was the sweetest model. Thank you Maddie for humoring Miss Di!

Melissa-83LylianFinley-RubyActionBlog

One month old Finley and his big sister Lylian! I love this sweet shot.

Melissa-93FinleyBlueBlanketBlog

Melissa-104LylianRedDressBlog


the long road

21 comments:

Denise said...

You know I love them all! Your photography has always inspired me, but you are really putting out extraordinary pics Di!

Unknown said...

AWESOME shots! Those eyes on the first photo . . . WOW!!!

Football and Fried Rice said...

Oh, i think you did an amazing job! what lens were you working with? i think it's hard to even get a newborn to open their eyes, not cry or scream and have their hands out of their face - way to go, Diana!!

Pix-Ology said...

Beautiful! You are so lucky to have a natural light studio you can rent!

KelleyO said...

Gorgeous gorgeou gorgeous!!!

Amy said...

Looks like a pro to me. Beautiful photos.

Amy

Half Gaelic, Half Garlic! said...

You did a marvelous job Di!!! OH MY these girls are just beautiful and you captured them perfectly!

How exciting that you found a natural light studio to rent....that is awesome, especially this time of year!

I am so thrilled that you are capturing memories for all of these special families. You are a gem!

Happy Holidays to you and yours!

xoxo,

Lisa

PS. Looks as though you are loving your new lens

Wendy said...

Wow...those are beautiful shots. What gorgeous children. You did a wonderful job!

The 5 Bickies said...

What a great idea! Isn't it neat that you are able to share your talents with others. I am sure those Mommas were thrilled with these shots!

Sara said...

Oh my goodness!! These are stunning! I'm not so sure you were right about the "needing practice" part of you post... I think these are amazing!
Sara

Unknown said...

You did a GREAT JOB! They are all beautiful! Praising God for the miracle of LIFE!

What is your new lens?

I would love to have a studio to use during the winter months here now. What a great idea!

Blessings,
Jill

anemonen said...

Eyes like broken glass. She is beautiful.

Gail said...

These are fabulous! Every single one.

How wonderful that you could do this for your friend. :)

Gail

Grandma Shelley said...

These are so awesome! You are a natural at it. Fabulous!!

Anonymous said...

I think they are beautiful. AND I can't believe how old Maddie is - I can remember you posting about her - how special to be able to watch her grow.

Blessings, Ashley

Casey said...

Beautiful!! Love these shots!

waiting4lexi@gmail.com said...

Lots to learn???????? These are amazing!!!!!! You've got the gift girl, now you just need to go for it! LOVE LOVE LOVE every one!
Mary

jennifer said...

These are precious! What an awesome idea!! I wish we had something like that here!!

Bridget said...

What's your asking price?:)

3 Peanuts said...

Oh Di...these are all beautiful!!! GREAT job!

Anonymous said...

Oh Diana, You did a WONDERFUL job with the photos. They are beautiful and thanks for sharing an updated picture of Maddy she is just precious and looks like she is full of life.

No Hands But Ours

Blog Archive