Sunday, December 19, 2010
Tiffany Blue
Three weeks after Sienna came home she and I had our first photo shoot together. It just happened to be in our master bathroom where we have great natural lighting.
She was in her favorite yellow dress. I loved those pictures. You can see them here.
Yesterday, almost nine months later to the day she asked me to take her pictures in the same place. This time in tiffany blue.. You should have seen how fast I grabbed my camera!! As I was taking them, I was thinking how much has changed for Sienna and me. Back in March we could barely communicate. And, she was still checking me out. She was still processing how she got from there to here. She was still grieving all she had lost. She was slowly deciding if she could trust me. Yes, she was starting to blossom, but it is so much more than that now. Sienna still tests me. Sometimes daily. Mostly because I think she wants to make sure I am going to still love her no matter what. But, she has a quiet confidence about her now. The confidence to be silly, happy, sad, and tender. So much has changed in such a short time.
In 9 months Sienna has learned English beautifully, she has gone to school, she has had two successful surgeries, she has grabbed the hearts of four very special doctors, she has learned about Jesus, she has learned her ABC's, she has learned how to spell some words, she has learned to count, she has taken gymnastics and skating lessons, she has traveled, she has played in the snow, she has seen her best friend from China four times, she has embraced being a sister, etc.... Simply put, she has found her place here!
I have heard from some of you that read our blog, that Sienna has opened your hearts to adopting an older child! There is no greater blessing than knowing she has touched families she may never know personally... She is a testimony that with faith, all things are possible...
Sienna Grace, whether you are in yellow, or tiffany blue, I will always love you! You have stretched me in so many ways. You have taught me that I can love beyond what I thought my heart's capacity could hold. You have showed me that being tough can be beautiful! You have taught me again and again, that God's plans are always perfect. I love you Sienna Grace! And, I am so very proud of you! Merry Merry Christmas precious girl!
"Every good and perfect gift is from above, coming down from the Father of the heavenly lights, who does not change like shifting shadows."
James 1:17

Labels:
Sienna Grace - Photos
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Blog Archive
-
▼
2010
(182)
-
▼
December
(18)
- Happy New Year!
- Christmas Day!
- Christmas Eve 2010
- A Little Merry Video!
- From Our Family To Yours...
- A Very Special Doctor!
- Christmas in a Box!
- Tiffany Blue
- A Precious Request!
- Wordless Wednesday!
- Blizzard and Christmas Cookies!
- A Sassy Solution!
- Christmas Musical
- Wordless Wednesday!
- The Sisters with Santa!
- Ruby Red...
- We are Jingle-ing Over Here!!
- {Black & White Wednesday} A Studio First For Me
-
▼
December
(18)
Blogs I Try to Keep Up With!
-
God's Got Her3 weeks ago
-
Melting into July~4 weeks ago
-
Destin Day 45 years ago
-
-
The Fourth7 years ago
-
What I have read lately7 years ago
-
-
{Happy Birthday to you...}8 years ago
-
-
Flood Part 4: Shelter Living9 years ago
-
-
Celebrating 2 Years With "Sweet Colin"11 years ago
-
Hilton Head ~ 201412 years ago
-
-
DON'T EVER QUIT !!!12 years ago
-
Adoption
Blog Archive
- 2014 (10)
- 2013 (57)
- 2012 (153)
- 2011 (205)
-
2010
(182)
-
December(18)
- Happy New Year!
- Christmas Day!
- Christmas Eve 2010
- A Little Merry Video!
- From Our Family To Yours...
- A Very Special Doctor!
- Christmas in a Box!
- Tiffany Blue
- A Precious Request!
- Wordless Wednesday!
- Blizzard and Christmas Cookies!
- A Sassy Solution!
- Christmas Musical
- Wordless Wednesday!
- The Sisters with Santa!
- Ruby Red...
- We are Jingle-ing Over Here!!
- {Black & White Wednesday} A Studio First For Me
- November(12)
- October(9)
- September(15)
- August(12)
- July(16)
- June(16)
- May(13)
- April(16)
- March(27)
- February(10)
- January(18)
-
December(18)
- 2009 (181)
- 2008 (179)
- 2007 (91)











12 comments:
Oh, she looks beautiful in that dress!! I knew she would!! What a precious girl and a remarkable story of God's sovereignty and plans for each of us. Your story to Sienna has grown my faith in God, and I now look for His hand in everything. He is working all the time and so often in ways we don't expect. He does so much more than we ask or imagine!
Merry Christmas to you all!
Ginny
She is beautiful and you are a awesome photographer!
Norah
She is beautiful in blue. I love the ways that Sienna has made you grow. I remember the ways that Kate stretched me so much that first year..and she still does. She taught me things (or God taught me through her) that I would not have learned otherwise. Sienna is beautiful...just like you! I love you both (and all the other r's too).
What beautiful pictures and beautiful words for her to read one day..
Blessings to you, Jeff and the girls this Christmas!! Ashley
Oh Di! Sienna is as pretty as your post! I know how far you have both come and I am happy to have witnessed it all! You know your relationship with Sienna as well as your openess to adopt an older child - brought us right to where we are today! And for that I will forever be grateful! Give that girl in Tiffany blue a big kiss from Miss B! We miss you all!!!
Sienna is positively STUNNING in that Tiffany blue! I loved her in her blue coat/hat in your previous post, too!! STUNNING! :)
She is just too precious and the 'place' she is now, just turns my heart to mush! I've seen those same changes in Khloe. She tests me, too... BUT I think for the same reasons as Sienna. I recently had an experience with her that was a true 'test' and knew she was just making sure I loved her. My heart broke realizing that it was a momentary question. As I was certain she already 'knew' this as was always secure about it. I sometimes forget that she hasn't always been here, even though it's only been 7 mos. So to read this story about how far Sienna has come, just reaches me to the core. I am overjoyed by all that she has experienced since joining your family, and most of all, that she KNOWS she belongs there!! <>< God is good!
Have a VERY Merry Christmas and a blessed New Year! <><
Love and Hugs,
~ Tanya
SO sweet. She is so pretty!
WHAT a beauty and that haircut is TOO adorable. Thanks for your prayers. I am blessed by my bloggy friends and your sweet thoughts and comments. Enjoy that snow for me!!!
Blue is Sienna's color definitely! Something about the soft hue of this color that just compliments her beautiful little face to the utmost! Sienna has definitely "found her place". Merry Christmas Sienna Grace!!
PS Are those silver boots? LOVE.THEM.
These are precious!! I love every one of them!! What a joy she has...and exudes!!
Love you all!
Jen
Lovely post, lovely photos, extraordinarily lovely child!
Merry Christmas to you all!
Beautiful girl, photos and words. Thank you for sharing. Merry Christmas!
April