4 Incredible Years With Her Rubiness!
Four years ago, I started my Mother's Day in Guangzhou, China very early in the morning. It was the start of my sixth day with Ruby Mei, and I was already madly in love with her. She was slowly revealing the amazing child she would prove to be. I could have never imagined that God was laying the foundation to call us back to China two more times. Ruby Mei has shown us in so many ways the joy that comes with following God's plan for our lives. I will never forget this very special Mother's Day! A powerful post was written by Jeff about his visit to Ruby's finding place on Mother's Day, May 13, 2007.
Yesterday I had the opportunity to spend the afternoon with Her Rubiness. What a blessing it was for me to be with her. Our first stop was to see Brie, so Ruby could get her hair cut. Always a highlight for my girls!! The next stop, the Arboretum for our annual dandelion pick! Even though the dandelions were not as plentiful as previous years, she had fun running around. And, she did manage to find a bouquet to share!! We enjoyed a beautiful lunch at the Arb, and a great walk around the blooming tulips and daffodils. It was a perfect way to spend our afternoon!
Ruby is very excited for her "anniversary!" She will tell anyone that will listen about it! We are celebrating Ruby Tuesday and Mother's Day at one of our favorite restaurants.
During our lunch yesterday, I was telling Ruby about what a blessing she has been in my life. She asked me to share her special story with her.. She loves to hear about the day we met. She laughs when I tell her that she gave us a taste of just how loud she would prove to be on that first day.. She also laughs when she hears she was dressed in a sweatshirt and sweatpants when it was 90+ degrees out.. And, she smiles when I tell her she was the only baby in the room that had barrettes in her hair, and that they said "Love Love!" She soaks in every detail of that day.
Yesterday I shared with Ruby that God has used her in a very special way already in her young life. I explained that many people followed her journey. I told her I have received several emails from Mom's who were encouraged to endure their waits because of Ruby Mei. She loved knowing that she has perhaps helped some other little girls from China come home to their forever families. I can think of one that calls her sister and one that will soon! When we got home she immediately shared how God has used her with Sienna!! :)
There is something very special about this little girl. She has a joy about her that is contagious. As I have said her highs are high, and her low's are loud!! Most likely you will have a smile on your face after an encounter with Her Rubiness!
In late August or early September Ruby will become a big sister for the first time. I honestly can't wait for this. As much as I was concerned about Ruby losing her "baby in the family" status those fears are gone. She is going to have so much fun helping with Emme Jade! She has big plans for her little sister! She prays for her every night! We held hands yesterday and threw pennies in the fountain. Her wish was for our LOA so Emme could come home!

Blog Archive
-
▼
2011
(205)
-
▼
May
(17)
- Alivia, Olivia, and Gabriella Need Your Help!!
- Trophies and Ribbons!
- {B&W Wednesday} ~ The Flower Girl's Go Shopping!
- Two Word Tuesday... Emme Jade!
- The Pearl!
- Happy Birthday Grandpa!
- Dandelions and Crab Apple Trees!
- Wordless Wednesday!
- Emme Jade's Website!
- So Happy It's Friday!
- Ruby's Turn to See Her BFF!
- Wordless Wednesday!
- LOA!!! LOA!!! LOA!!!!
- Mom and her Girls!
- 4 Incredible Years With Her Rubiness!
- It's Spring in Yangzhou!!
- Is It Really May?
-
▼
May
(17)
Blogs I Try to Keep Up With!
-
So Long September~1 week ago
-
Our Wedding Rehearsal1 month ago
-
Destin Day 45 years ago
-
-
The Fourth7 years ago
-
What I have read lately7 years ago
-
-
{Happy Birthday to you...}8 years ago
-
-
Flood Part 4: Shelter Living10 years ago
-
-
Celebrating 2 Years With "Sweet Colin"12 years ago
-
Hilton Head ~ 201412 years ago
-
-
DON'T EVER QUIT !!!12 years ago
-
Adoption
Blog Archive
- 2014 (10)
- 2013 (57)
- 2012 (153)
-
2011
(205)
- December(26)
- November(12)
- October(19)
- September(14)
- August(30)
- July(13)
- June(11)
-
May(17)
- Alivia, Olivia, and Gabriella Need Your Help!!
- Trophies and Ribbons!
- {B&W Wednesday} ~ The Flower Girl's Go Shopping!
- Two Word Tuesday... Emme Jade!
- The Pearl!
- Happy Birthday Grandpa!
- Dandelions and Crab Apple Trees!
- Wordless Wednesday!
- Emme Jade's Website!
- So Happy It's Friday!
- Ruby's Turn to See Her BFF!
- Wordless Wednesday!
- LOA!!! LOA!!! LOA!!!!
- Mom and her Girls!
- 4 Incredible Years With Her Rubiness!
- It's Spring in Yangzhou!!
- Is It Really May?
- April(14)
- March(19)
- February(15)
- January(15)
- 2010 (182)
- 2009 (181)
- 2008 (179)
- 2007 (91)










14 comments:
Happy Four Years with your beautiful girl!!! That smile could light up even the darkest of rooms!! What a wonderful Mother's Day that must have been for you in China!
Hope you have a fabulous day celebrating the best job in the world.....being a Mom!!
The pictures are gorgeous as always~
xoxo,
Lisa
What a beautiful post about a beautiful girl!! Happy Mother's Day and Happy Ruby Day.... she is a doll. I have no doubt she will be a wonderful big sister:) Hoping for a late Mother's Day LOA on Monday for you!!!
Now THAT is a Mothers Day Melt Your Heart Story!
How Great is our God?
Love & Blessings from Hong Kong,
Kim
Oh, Ruby among the daffodils, you are truly beautiful.
Happy 4 years together.
Jill
Ruby, you made me smile so big when I met you for the first time. You are such a gift, and you are so sweet and you have the sweetest way about you. Your Mama is so blessed for sure. I can't wait to see you be such a sweet big sister to Emme.
Hope that that LOA gets there tomorrow!
Happy four years with one of the sweetest girls I know! What a beautiful post in honor of your Ruby! I know what joy and happinesss she has brought to you as well as everyone else who has the pleasure of knowing her! I can'tt wait for our "Ruby Tuesday" one more day! Hope you had a great Mothers day with all of your beautiful girls!
~ B
I have tears reading this. I remember Ruby Tuesday! Before I even knew you, I followed your blog everyday to see that precious child. She is amazing. I love hearing how she loves to hear her story. I have a feeling she will affect everyone she meets. I am so glad I've had the pleasure to meet her. What an awesome Mother's Day blessing!!
(I can't wait to get my outfit in!! SOOOO cute!!!)
What an absolutely beautiful post, Di!!! Ruby is such a joyful girl who lights up a room with her smile. She has undeniable spirit and charisma and a huge heart. I love her.
I loved hearing about how you shared her story with her. Kate asked for more of hers this year than ever before too.
Go has used Ruby for so many wonderful things already and I am sure this is just the beginning.
Hope you had a lovely Mother's Day!
Obviously I meant to type God..not GO... just staring to sip my coffee and the fingers aren't moving so well yet.
Diana, Ruby is beautiful!! Check out these too:
www.etsy.com/shop/kissingkumquats
Love these and I think you might as well.
Happy Anniversary to all of you!!!
Oh sweet Ruby ~ your journey was the very FIRST adoption journey to China that I ever followed, and the seed in my heart that eventually led to our journey to Khloe. I remember feeling an extra special connection to your family, since they were fellow Minnesotans. Oh to watch you grow and blossom over the past four years... has it really been that long!? You are such a beautiful child of God and I know your family feels SO blessed to have you in their lives. What a double-blessing for your momma to celebrate Ruby Day and Mother's Day all in one special celebration. You are truly a gift from God!! <><
((((BIG hugs))))
Happy Ruby day and Mother's day!!! What a special time!!!
Blessings!
Four wonderful years!! I followed you in China!!! LOVED seeing you gain your Rubiness!!! What a blessing and an amazing Mothers Day!!
Beautiful. I have read your blog for about a year, so I did not follow Ruby's story initially. I enjoyed reading Jeff's story. Thank you for sharing. What an amazing experience for him and such an inspiration for others.