Trophies and Ribbons!
Wednesday night Jeff and I had one of those proud parent moments.... Sienna and Ruby participated in their first progressive gymnastics meet. This post is not meant to boast about our little girls. Yes, they did their best and had fun.. But, it was a lot more than that! It was about sisters cheering each other on, parents being surprised by results, and the reminder of how very far Sienna Grace has come physically in just one year!
You see, we have always known Ruby was born to be an athlete! She is a little muscle machine! We know she has the potential to do well in sports. Most likely it will be about her picking her favorite to excel in. She has improved a lot in gymnastics this year. I will admit she does have one rocking running cartwheel!! This was her first meet, and she did so well! She had fun, and she did her best. She also won the floor routine in her group, and placed 4th overall... Ruby was invited to join the "Tiny Team" this summer, where she will practice 3 hours a week. She is excited to learn more!
But, I will admit, the biggest surprise of the night, was her sister. When Sienna came home her spleen was so large, we couldn't even let her do summersaults on the bars. And, due to the size of her spleen, she struggled to run, and she walked with a slow gait. We even had her hips X-rayed because we thought she had dysplasia.. Well, she showed all of us last night... What we learned about Sienna Grace is she is a tough competitor. We've always known her to be strong and brave... We can now add to that list, "Gamer!" She put on her game face, did the best we have ever seen her do, she also placed 1st in her floor routine, and she placed 1st overall in in her team of 10!!! Her sweet coach, Connie, came over with tears in her eyes.. She was so proud of her!
It's been fun to watch Sienna blossom athletically lately. She just started swimming, and our little water bug loves it!!! Perhaps swim team is in her future!
It was a special night... We will never forget our first gymnastics meet!
Another blessing in the night... Daddy was there. He as able to leave New York early to meet us at the gym. I am so thankful. I never could have put into words what the night was like!

Blog Archive
-
▼
2011
(205)
-
▼
May
(17)
- Alivia, Olivia, and Gabriella Need Your Help!!
- Trophies and Ribbons!
- {B&W Wednesday} ~ The Flower Girl's Go Shopping!
- Two Word Tuesday... Emme Jade!
- The Pearl!
- Happy Birthday Grandpa!
- Dandelions and Crab Apple Trees!
- Wordless Wednesday!
- Emme Jade's Website!
- So Happy It's Friday!
- Ruby's Turn to See Her BFF!
- Wordless Wednesday!
- LOA!!! LOA!!! LOA!!!!
- Mom and her Girls!
- 4 Incredible Years With Her Rubiness!
- It's Spring in Yangzhou!!
- Is It Really May?
-
▼
May
(17)
Blogs I Try to Keep Up With!
-
So Long September~1 week ago
-
Our Wedding Rehearsal1 month ago
-
Destin Day 45 years ago
-
-
The Fourth7 years ago
-
What I have read lately7 years ago
-
-
{Happy Birthday to you...}8 years ago
-
-
Flood Part 4: Shelter Living10 years ago
-
-
Celebrating 2 Years With "Sweet Colin"12 years ago
-
Hilton Head ~ 201412 years ago
-
-
DON'T EVER QUIT !!!12 years ago
-
Adoption
Blog Archive
- 2014 (10)
- 2013 (57)
- 2012 (153)
-
2011
(205)
- December(26)
- November(12)
- October(19)
- September(14)
- August(30)
- July(13)
- June(11)
-
May(17)
- Alivia, Olivia, and Gabriella Need Your Help!!
- Trophies and Ribbons!
- {B&W Wednesday} ~ The Flower Girl's Go Shopping!
- Two Word Tuesday... Emme Jade!
- The Pearl!
- Happy Birthday Grandpa!
- Dandelions and Crab Apple Trees!
- Wordless Wednesday!
- Emme Jade's Website!
- So Happy It's Friday!
- Ruby's Turn to See Her BFF!
- Wordless Wednesday!
- LOA!!! LOA!!! LOA!!!!
- Mom and her Girls!
- 4 Incredible Years With Her Rubiness!
- It's Spring in Yangzhou!!
- Is It Really May?
- April(14)
- March(19)
- February(15)
- January(15)
- 2010 (182)
- 2009 (181)
- 2008 (179)
- 2007 (91)










19 comments:
Go Gym Girls!!! I love that Sienna and Shaelee were both 1st in the their first meet!!! Soul mates for sure. Ruby you rock! What amazing gym girls! Olympic bound, at least a love of a very cool sport. Congratulations Sienna and Ruby...Ainsley, you are a great coach for sure!
Congratulations to your girls!! I have a question that I've been wondering since I started reading your blog a few months ago. How is Sienna's English level? I'm sure it's very different adopting an older child from China and dealing with the language barrier. I am very interested in this and would love to hear more and hear your thoughts!
Now I am crying! What a beautiful story and a proud moment for your girls!
They go to TAGS? Great gym! I coached gymnastics for many years - just quitting this spring to be home with my kiddos more.
Way to go girls...you both are amazing and such sweethearts. I can't wait to see Emme Jade in all these pictures. Way to go on the trophy and ribbons girls and so happy that your daddy made it back in time to see you perform:)
Janice
Yeah! I am so happy for them. Love the smiles! I think sports can be a realy confidence booster for kids.
Congratulations to both your girls for their stunning accomplishments!! I started one of my girls in gymnastics this year and she totally loves it. She had her first "gymnastics" event, but it's not yet on a competitive level. I really love watching her build her skills so I share in your feelings. I signed my other daughter up for piano lessons just so I could keep them independent, but now it's time to find a more physical activity for her as well. We are thinking TKD since she is so weak and thin.
Extra cudos to Sienna for her improved performance!
Congrats to Ruby and Sienna! If I'm correct....that is "Aunt Bop" correct? If not, she sure has a "twin"!
Wow....it sounds like it was a lovely night all around. Congratulations to the girls...and to you! Seeing them all grow and blossom is nothing short of miraculous, but watching Sienna Grace grow up so strong and healthy after having such health is is really so incredible...and inspiring. Must have been an amazing night for all of you!
Look at those little gymnasts!! What a great night for all of you! Congratulations to Ruby and Sienna! Love all of the pictures they look so proud and happy! Lucky us we got to see Ruby's running cartwheel while she visited! We were all impressed! Can't wait to see all of them running around together real soon! Give those cuties a kiss from Miss B!
I have been reading your blog...well...forever :-) And as blessed I know you are to have your little girls...I think they are equally blessed to have you and your husband as parents! You both amaze me how sweet and patient you are with your girls. They are so lucky to have such great parents! So fun to read and hear about their achievements!
b.e.a.u.t.i.f.u.l. p.o.s.t.
I think I commented on this but maybe I didn't. Anyway...I am so proud of Sienna and Ruby. I know they will go far with their gifts from God and their drive:)
I know your heart is bursting with pride and love. What an accomplishment and what beautiful little girls. Girl Power Rocks, joy
LOVE all the photos of your beautiful family! Just dropped in from another blog to meet you. I see you are waiting on your 3rd China blessing - congratulations!
SO PROUD!! What a special event! I love these pictures! The expressions on all of your faces sum up the moment :)! It's so precious to see how excited Ruby and Sienna are for one another. I know that Ainsley is very proud as well. So fun!
Thanks again for such a fun weekend up north! We love you guys!!
A big congrats to your beautiful gymnasts!!! SO proud of them!!! we had two major gymnasts in our family until they both were injured. They LOVED it and now miss it!!!
XOXO
I miss Kailee's gymnastics days!!!! She has a body like Ruby's and her days in the gym have given her great tumbling and flyer skills. She is back at the gym working out for cheer....SO proud of SIenna and how far she has come...way to go mom and dad!!!
Oh Diana ~ this post put tears in my eyes, so I can only imagine how proud you must've felt... especially with Sienna's accomplishments that just show how far she has come. God has done great things in her short time home, and I can't wait to see what her future holds!
And that Ruby Mei ~ I cannot get enough of her sweetness! She is BUILT for gymnastics, no doubt! I'm sure she'll excell at whatever sport she chooses to pursue as she grows. So cute to see your little hunnies together! I KNOW you were one very proud mama... and for good reason!!
CONGRATS!! :)