From Un-Packing to Packing!
One week from today, tentatively around 10:00am China time, Emme Jade will be escorted into our lives. My head is spinning with all we need to do before Thursday. We have been waiting for this day for a long time. We have been blessed with so many wonderful pictures of our baby girl. We have seen her beautiful smile light up our world from afar.. Now, we will nervously take her lead as she finds her way in our life. Our prayers for Emme Jade are plentiful. Is there truly any other way to prepare a heart for what is about to happen? Only God can whisper in her ear that she is going to be safe and loved. We have learned so much from our adoption experiences. And, one thing is for sure, they are all unique and special in their own way. There is no script and no rules for "Emme's Day!" We will take her lead. And, patiently on her terms we will watch the blooms on the flower unfold.
Thanks to Jeff, my Mom, and a handful of very special friends our new house is ready for Emme Jade to arrive. We pray she will be happy here. Her sweet lavender room houses the crib that Ainsley and Ruby came home to as well. I look forward to seeing her across the hall from me soon.
Thursday, Jeff, Ainsley and I jet off to the other side of the world. Sienna and Ruby leave two days later to a fun-filled trip to the desert. Even the dog is going to be spoiled for 2 weeks at Aunt Lisa's kennel and spa! God has blessed us with the most amazing friends.
On August 18th we will all be together again! This time as a family of six! Wow!
Until then, we appreciate your prayers for our family. Prayers for the details of our travel schedules, for good health, and for the rest we need to be ready! And, at the very top of our list, prayers for a very special little girl. She has 7 more sleeps until she becomes the mei mei of this family. She will be leaving all she knows.. A very special place where she has been loved. We think of it as an orphanage, but to Emme Jade it is her home. My heart breaks for what it takes to say goodbye to your roommates, your nannies, and your guardian angel! No doubt YuQiao will be greatly missed.
We are so thankful for an email that started this journey for us on December 31st. And, so very thankful that God's plans are always better than we could ever orchestrate or imagine!
Please join us on our third journey to China! I hope to blog a little. But, our main site will be with "My Adoption Websites" again. You will find us on August 8th here.. With a precious and beautiful gift from God to share! We hope you will sign our guestbook there. With grateful hearts we thank you for loving our family and for caring enough to share our journey and to lift us up along the way!

Blog Archive
-
▼
2011
(205)
-
▼
August
(30)
- Emme Jade Update!
- Wordless Wednesday!
- Back to School in a Big Way!!
- State Fair!!!
- Thankful Thursday!
- Wordless Wednesday!
- Big Sis Tee's - Etsy Shops!
- Our Sweet Mei Mei!
- Day 2!
- More Pics from Emme Jade's Homecoming!
- We are Home!!
- We are in Tokyo!!
- We Made It To Hong Kong!!
- Last Day in Guangzhou!
- Burberry Girl!
- TB Test.... NORMAL!!!!!
- Guess Who Can Climb Out of Her Crib?
- Hello Guangzhou!!
- Goodbye Nanjing!!
- Born to be an Empress!
- Emme Jade's Friends...
- "A Sweet Heart Change!"
- "Mama"
- More From Emme Jade Day!
- With Great Joy and Thanksgiving We Introduce....
- The Precious Faces of Nanjing!
- We are in Nanjing!!!!!
- Greetings From Narita, Japan!
- From Five to Six in 4 Days!!
- From Un-Packing to Packing!
-
▼
August
(30)
Blogs I Try to Keep Up With!
-
God's Got Her3 weeks ago
-
Melting into July~4 weeks ago
-
Destin Day 45 years ago
-
-
The Fourth7 years ago
-
What I have read lately7 years ago
-
-
{Happy Birthday to you...}8 years ago
-
-
Flood Part 4: Shelter Living9 years ago
-
-
Celebrating 2 Years With "Sweet Colin"11 years ago
-
Hilton Head ~ 201412 years ago
-
-
DON'T EVER QUIT !!!12 years ago
-
Adoption
Blog Archive
- 2014 (10)
- 2013 (57)
- 2012 (153)
-
2011
(205)
- December(26)
- November(12)
- October(19)
- September(14)
-
August(30)
- Emme Jade Update!
- Wordless Wednesday!
- Back to School in a Big Way!!
- State Fair!!!
- Thankful Thursday!
- Wordless Wednesday!
- Big Sis Tee's - Etsy Shops!
- Our Sweet Mei Mei!
- Day 2!
- More Pics from Emme Jade's Homecoming!
- We are Home!!
- We are in Tokyo!!
- We Made It To Hong Kong!!
- Last Day in Guangzhou!
- Burberry Girl!
- TB Test.... NORMAL!!!!!
- Guess Who Can Climb Out of Her Crib?
- Hello Guangzhou!!
- Goodbye Nanjing!!
- Born to be an Empress!
- Emme Jade's Friends...
- "A Sweet Heart Change!"
- "Mama"
- More From Emme Jade Day!
- With Great Joy and Thanksgiving We Introduce....
- The Precious Faces of Nanjing!
- We are in Nanjing!!!!!
- Greetings From Narita, Japan!
- From Five to Six in 4 Days!!
- From Un-Packing to Packing!
- July(13)
- June(11)
- May(17)
- April(14)
- March(19)
- February(15)
- January(15)
- 2010 (182)
- 2009 (181)
- 2008 (179)
- 2007 (91)


19 comments:
Beautiful picture. You all will be in my thoughts as you go on this journey and she goes through this transition.
Oh my goodness! You must be beside yourselves. I can't wait to 'meet' the newest addition to your blessed family. ((((HUGS))))
I am so excited for you guys! Your post gave me chills the whole way through! Your family and little Miss Emme will be in my prayers!!!
Good luck! I will be thinking of you all on your travels.
Good luck! I will be thinking of you all on your travels.
I have been and will be praying for your family. I am so grateful to your friendship and help with our adoption process we are in! I have been thinking of sweet Emme Jade alot today and praying for God to prepare her heart for her sweet family. I can't wait to see her in your arms!!! Best wishes to you all as you travel to your sweet baby!!
Wow! Di, this post fills my eyes with tears of pure joy and all my prayers for you and your beautiful family as you travel to your precious Emme Jade. I can't wait to see little Emme in your arms!
Godspeed,
Diane
Praying for your journey!
I will be sending you many, many prayers and best wishes for a safe journey to and from as well as an easy family transition for all of you. Thanks for sharing your journey and beautiful family with us.
So excited for y'all! You all remain in our thoughts and prayers as you travels and bring your little girl home! Can't wait to follow along!
I know the excitement is overwhelming! I can't wait to follow along.
Prayers and blessings,
Robin
Can't. Even. Wait.
So exciting!!!
You are making my cry!! What an amazing journey!!! I am so thrilled to have a front row seat!!
Oh I'm so excited to journey along for "our" 3rd trip!!
What an eloquent post. I am so excited to follow your journey and share in the joy it will bring! We're praying!
So exciting!! Can't wait to follow along; Emme is so precious - love her smiles!
Been praying for you and thinking of you DAILY as your travels approach. I cannot believe that in a matter of HOURS now, you will be on that plane to bring home your precious Emme Jade.
This was a beautiful post, Di ~ and I adore how filled with wisdom and tender love it is! Can't wait to see that baby girl in your arms!! Keeping you close in thoughts and prayers in the days ahead! God bless your travels and your girlies back home.
Blessings and Hugs,
~ Tanya
So very excited for you all, Diana! Sending prayers that everything goes smoothly!