Tuesday, August 9, 2011
"Mama"
My dear friend Kim reminded me that I needed to post this story about yesterday so I won't forget.. It's probably even more meaningful to me now...
Yesterday afternoon we just stayed in the room. Ainsley and Emme were playing and her bracelet fell off... She yelled "Mama" and came running over to me to help her get it back on. It was so sweet.. Yesterday Emme was seeking my approval.. Today, not so much.. I will admit it stings a little to be rejected by the little girl you have waited and prayed for.. But, you see God has answered my real prayers. I prayed that Emme was happy and loved. I also prayed from the beginning that she would think her Daddy hung the moon... It is obvious she is doing so well, because she has been loved. And clearly she DOES think her Daddy hung the moon... (And her Jie Jie too..) And, for now I need to let her find her way with me. I know she will... It may not happen in China but it will happen... Her sisters will help with that!
So for now from a distance I will meet her needs when she will let me, and I will patiently wait for the wall she has put up between us to come down! Emme Jade is easy to love.. Even when she is staring you down!
She has had a wonderful day! And, we are now officially the forever parents of Emme Jade!
Labels:
China Trip 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Blog Archive
-
▼
2011
(205)
-
▼
August
(30)
- Emme Jade Update!
- Wordless Wednesday!
- Back to School in a Big Way!!
- State Fair!!!
- Thankful Thursday!
- Wordless Wednesday!
- Big Sis Tee's - Etsy Shops!
- Our Sweet Mei Mei!
- Day 2!
- More Pics from Emme Jade's Homecoming!
- We are Home!!
- We are in Tokyo!!
- We Made It To Hong Kong!!
- Last Day in Guangzhou!
- Burberry Girl!
- TB Test.... NORMAL!!!!!
- Guess Who Can Climb Out of Her Crib?
- Hello Guangzhou!!
- Goodbye Nanjing!!
- Born to be an Empress!
- Emme Jade's Friends...
- "A Sweet Heart Change!"
- "Mama"
- More From Emme Jade Day!
- With Great Joy and Thanksgiving We Introduce....
- The Precious Faces of Nanjing!
- We are in Nanjing!!!!!
- Greetings From Narita, Japan!
- From Five to Six in 4 Days!!
- From Un-Packing to Packing!
-
▼
August
(30)
Blogs I Try to Keep Up With!
-
God's Got Her3 weeks ago
-
Melting into July~4 weeks ago
-
Destin Day 45 years ago
-
-
The Fourth7 years ago
-
What I have read lately7 years ago
-
-
{Happy Birthday to you...}8 years ago
-
-
Flood Part 4: Shelter Living9 years ago
-
-
Celebrating 2 Years With "Sweet Colin"11 years ago
-
Hilton Head ~ 201412 years ago
-
-
DON'T EVER QUIT !!!12 years ago
-
Adoption
Blog Archive
- 2014 (10)
- 2013 (57)
- 2012 (153)
-
2011
(205)
- December(26)
- November(12)
- October(19)
- September(14)
-
August(30)
- Emme Jade Update!
- Wordless Wednesday!
- Back to School in a Big Way!!
- State Fair!!!
- Thankful Thursday!
- Wordless Wednesday!
- Big Sis Tee's - Etsy Shops!
- Our Sweet Mei Mei!
- Day 2!
- More Pics from Emme Jade's Homecoming!
- We are Home!!
- We are in Tokyo!!
- We Made It To Hong Kong!!
- Last Day in Guangzhou!
- Burberry Girl!
- TB Test.... NORMAL!!!!!
- Guess Who Can Climb Out of Her Crib?
- Hello Guangzhou!!
- Goodbye Nanjing!!
- Born to be an Empress!
- Emme Jade's Friends...
- "A Sweet Heart Change!"
- "Mama"
- More From Emme Jade Day!
- With Great Joy and Thanksgiving We Introduce....
- The Precious Faces of Nanjing!
- We are in Nanjing!!!!!
- Greetings From Narita, Japan!
- From Five to Six in 4 Days!!
- From Un-Packing to Packing!
- July(13)
- June(11)
- May(17)
- April(14)
- March(19)
- February(15)
- January(15)
- 2010 (182)
- 2009 (181)
- 2008 (179)
- 2007 (91)


18 comments:
You are SO right~ it will happen in time and I think probably sooner than later. :) What a precious story and the Mama just melts the heart!!! Blessings and love to you all!
tears as always, tears for another precious child to finally be with her family, tears for the grief, tears for the wall that has gone up but always tears of joy for the One we serve and how He will continue to build that trust. I think back to our first two weeks in China and Hudson would have nothing to do with Mark unless he was in my arms. Yesterday his daddy came home at one point during the day and Hudson broke into big crocodile tears. When Madi asked him what was wrong he said "I haven't spent time with my daddy all day"...well, that was all that daddy needed and he spent the rest of the day at work with him. He always refers to him as "my" daddy and so I am confident that she will truly embrace "mama" and love you to the China moon and back as all your girls do..
Oh Diana,
I remember Lydia Hope being the same way. She rejected me while we were in China especially at night. When I held her, she screamed even more but the moment her Daddy held her, she became quiet and snuggled in. I did feel hurt but I like you, I was just glad that she was finding comfort from one of us.
However today, Lydia is ALL her Mummy. She loves her Daddy too but would rather have her Mummy if given a preference. I think a lot of that has to do with Jeff traveling all the time now.
I'll be praying for you today. Going to spend time with Sherri today and I am sure you will be our topic of conversation!!!
Blessings,
Naomi
I am just getting caught up here......CONGRATS TO YOU ALL!!! She is SO SO BEAUTIFUL and I could stare at these adorable photos all day long. What a little sweetheart.
It sounds like she is doing so well and taking baby steps with each day that passes. I know your heart must be hurting at the moment, but time will do wonders and she will find her way to you. Hang in there "Mama" It is amazing how quickly these little ones adapt.
Lots of Love and Blessings being sent your way.
xoxo,
Lisa
I know you are thankful that she is being a Daddy's girl, but hurting because you are human! I have a feeling she won't hold out for much longer :)
Emme Jade won't be able to help herself from falling in love with you!! Hang in there, pretty soon you'll be hearing that sweet little voice say "Mama" all the time! Love you! So glad today went well. I cannot wait to read about your day tomorrow!!
thank you for sharing your thoughts. Voicing those thoughts is so important for all those that wish to also adopt- it really shows us what to expect. Prayers for you as you learn each other and come back home!
DI,
I have tears in my eyes reading this because I can hear the sadness and disappointment behind your words and I am sad with you.
I won't say much more here since I emailed you about it but I am praying here. Very soon she will think you u g the moon too. Cause you did, didn't you?
oops hung:)
So sweet and in time you will be her everything...for now enjoy sweet moments like her saying "Mama"
Di~
Wow! I just discovered you are posting here, too. I figured you might be. Loved just getting caught up on the pictures and first few hours with Emme Jade. She is so special.
God has prepared you with wisdom, trust, hope, and faith and he will give you the desires of your heart when it comes to the relationship you desire with Emme Jade. Until then, may you find comfort and peace knowing many that have been there, are there, or will be there are praying for this specific thing.
Love you~
Lisa
Oh this adoption process is not for sissies!! Praying for you both and knowing God is faithful, before you know it she will be saying Mama so much it will make you laugh:)
She is so very special!!
Oh how the "bracelet story" touched my heart. Your blog just always seem to warm my heart! ALWAYS!
Such a precious story!!! I can't wait to see her with Sienna and Ruby. Thinking of you :)
You are so right that eventually that wall will come down. That she came to you yesterday and called you Mama is so wonderful though.
I am glad that she is thinking her Daddy has hung the moon. That is really special!
I will keep on praying for you all!
Jody
What a beautiful doll baby! So glad she is letting you in. It will only get better!
Love and blessings,
Robin
So happy to be following you and your beautiful family as you journey to bring Emma home. We will be following in your footsteps soon, and reading your words brings me so much hope and joy. Thank you for brining us along! :o)
diana thank you for sharing this. Its tough to not recieve the "love" right away. i wish more moms were transparent. I felt like I was the only mom ever that was rejected by her daughter while in china. now things are great, but it was a tough go at first! many blessings to you all!!