Monday, August 8, 2011
More From Emme Jade Day!
So many things to say... I have to write them down or I will forget.. First things first.. Thank you for your prayers, and for your comments, and your guest book entries. You have all touched me as I have read each one! We appreciate your continued prayers as we find our way together. Tomorrow is the Civil Affairs meeting where we will officially adopt Emme Jade, and Wednesday morning we travel to Yangzhou to visit her orphanage.
I have blessed to watch many families become forever plus one in the past five years.. I will never tire of watching God's plan unfold. I have seen Gotcha Days that are joyful, heartbreaking, and something in between. Going into yesterday Jeff and I had experienced both. So we walked into that Civil Affairs office with butterflies in our stomachs, and great hope..
When Emme got out of the car it was surreal.. She was SO TINY.. Holding the hand of her sweet teacher.. They told us she didn't go to bed until midnight the night before because she was so excited.. She walked in pretty confident, with that joy we have seen in photos.. Her smile is genuine and so contagious... But, it didn't take long for her to sense this was not just a dream. Her little sweet face crumbled as she tried to be brave.. When she cries, her little face turns red, and her nose and eyes drip.. It will melt your heart...
It was a quiet ride back to the hotel.. She was so sad.. She sat on my lap the whole way, and let me carry her to the room. She quietly and seriously took it all in. She is a focused little girl, so you could sense her trying to process what was going on. Our guide stayed with us for a while. Every time she asked Emme if she wanted something, she just shook her head no. We tried food, toys, etc.. She just kept pushing them away... Of course she has a stubborn side! That makes four in our house now!! :)
I am not sure if it was the curiosity in the balloons or the stickers that got her interest.. But all of a sudden she allowed herself to crawl off my lap and check it out.. And, then the miracle started to unfold... She began to play with her very special big sister.. It all came out.. Lip Gloss, purses, bows, crayons, etc... And, then she let us feed her... Our guide clearly figured her work was done for the day.. She left and told us to call if we needed her. That was after she escorted Jeff to a neighborhood Chinese restaurant for the best Chinese food EVER!
Here are my less than 24 hour observations of Emme Jade: Adorable, funny, gentle, kind, and sweet as can be! She loves affirmation, and she will grab a hold of her audience when she knows she has one. Miss Personality is sleeping in Room 1045 in Nanjing right now! However, like all of the strong Chinese girls I know she is tough too.. She can stare you down, and let you know when no is no! Honestly, I am quite thankful for that...
Our day ended with her asleep on her Daddy who she is quite smitten with.. Let's say the feeling is mutual. I may have some competition for the man in our lives!! She was definitely over me by the end of the night.. She was also completely exhausted.. We did manage to bathe her, and get her in her crib.. She has been sound asleep since about 9:00. Praise God.
God has blessed us with another beautiful Princess. We know that our responsibility is great. We are privileged to raise another one of God's children who has been chosen so clearly for our family! Our prayer is that the One who sent us here, will be glorified through it! Our mission is not complete.. It has just begun!
And whoever welcomes one such child in my name welcomes me.
~Matthew 8:5
Labels:
China Trip 2011,
Emme Jade Day
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Blog Archive
-
▼
2011
(205)
-
▼
August
(30)
- Emme Jade Update!
- Wordless Wednesday!
- Back to School in a Big Way!!
- State Fair!!!
- Thankful Thursday!
- Wordless Wednesday!
- Big Sis Tee's - Etsy Shops!
- Our Sweet Mei Mei!
- Day 2!
- More Pics from Emme Jade's Homecoming!
- We are Home!!
- We are in Tokyo!!
- We Made It To Hong Kong!!
- Last Day in Guangzhou!
- Burberry Girl!
- TB Test.... NORMAL!!!!!
- Guess Who Can Climb Out of Her Crib?
- Hello Guangzhou!!
- Goodbye Nanjing!!
- Born to be an Empress!
- Emme Jade's Friends...
- "A Sweet Heart Change!"
- "Mama"
- More From Emme Jade Day!
- With Great Joy and Thanksgiving We Introduce....
- The Precious Faces of Nanjing!
- We are in Nanjing!!!!!
- Greetings From Narita, Japan!
- From Five to Six in 4 Days!!
- From Un-Packing to Packing!
-
▼
August
(30)
Blogs I Try to Keep Up With!
-
God's Got Her3 weeks ago
-
Melting into July~4 weeks ago
-
Destin Day 45 years ago
-
-
The Fourth7 years ago
-
What I have read lately7 years ago
-
-
{Happy Birthday to you...}8 years ago
-
-
Flood Part 4: Shelter Living9 years ago
-
-
Celebrating 2 Years With "Sweet Colin"11 years ago
-
Hilton Head ~ 201412 years ago
-
-
DON'T EVER QUIT !!!12 years ago
-
Adoption
Blog Archive
- 2014 (10)
- 2013 (57)
- 2012 (153)
-
2011
(205)
- December(26)
- November(12)
- October(19)
- September(14)
-
August(30)
- Emme Jade Update!
- Wordless Wednesday!
- Back to School in a Big Way!!
- State Fair!!!
- Thankful Thursday!
- Wordless Wednesday!
- Big Sis Tee's - Etsy Shops!
- Our Sweet Mei Mei!
- Day 2!
- More Pics from Emme Jade's Homecoming!
- We are Home!!
- We are in Tokyo!!
- We Made It To Hong Kong!!
- Last Day in Guangzhou!
- Burberry Girl!
- TB Test.... NORMAL!!!!!
- Guess Who Can Climb Out of Her Crib?
- Hello Guangzhou!!
- Goodbye Nanjing!!
- Born to be an Empress!
- Emme Jade's Friends...
- "A Sweet Heart Change!"
- "Mama"
- More From Emme Jade Day!
- With Great Joy and Thanksgiving We Introduce....
- The Precious Faces of Nanjing!
- We are in Nanjing!!!!!
- Greetings From Narita, Japan!
- From Five to Six in 4 Days!!
- From Un-Packing to Packing!
- July(13)
- June(11)
- May(17)
- April(14)
- March(19)
- February(15)
- January(15)
- 2010 (182)
- 2009 (181)
- 2008 (179)
- 2007 (91)














43 comments:
Oh Diana! Praises to Him for bringing you together! Emme Jade is just adorable! I love how she is such a girly girl! Her smile radiates such joy! And I love the way she smiles with her eyes!
So excited for you, and sending prayers for a continued smooth transition as you get to know one another!
HUGS!
She is absolutely precious, in every way!! So happy to hear the transition is going well so far! :)
Diana, She's beautiful! And to see that joy on her face and that smile is amazing! Thinking of you, I hope things go smooth the rest of the days!
Oh My word!!!! That picture of her sleeping with Jeff is so sweet!! She just looks like the sweetest little thing ever!! I am so happy for you!! Of course, Ainsley is an awesome big sister! She has had lots of practice!! I can't wait to hear what Emme's day is like today. Something tells me you'll be back on her good list!
Love you!
Jennifer
Ahhh another fix of Princess Emme Jade! My favorite photo ever of her is the one with wet hair where Jeff is holding her and she is looking solemnly into the camera. It really tells a story. I can see what she is really feeling. She is a beauty.
I agree with Jen that she will be loving you and calling you Mama again today. You need to blog about that. I don't think you have but you'll want to remember that.
Love,
Kim
The pics of her sleeping with her Daddy are priceless!! The face can melt anyones heart!
Love following your journey and what a awesome big sister she has!
Keep wondering if I will see the faces of Ruby and Sienna around town. I know you said they were heading to AZ. Phx is a big area but I will not mistake those cuties if we see them anywhere! Hopefully they are some where a daily swim is part of the schedule because it is HOT here!! :-)
Diana she is a vision of pure joy!! That smile is contagious and just grabs you!! Happy Emme Jade Day!!
Oh my goodness Diana!! Emme Jade is such a beautiful princess!! So happy for you and your family!
Congratulations! :)
What a wonderful first day! Emme is SO precious and dainty in all your photos. God has truly blessed you will a beautiful daughter!
Oh Diana! Praise the Lord for he is good!!!
She is just amazing. Thank you for sharing her with us! I cannot get over how different she looks with her hair down. She is just beautiful!!
SIGH....that is all I can say. Such beauty and preciousness seeping from your blog. I think one of my faves is the lip gloss pic...
When things settle, may I please ask where you got that doll? My daughter would love the softness of it, I am sure. She still has some sensory issues.
God is Good!!! Emme looks as if she has been with all of you FOREVER! You would never know by looking at her beautiful smiles, this was day 1.
I am so happy for all of you!!!
God Bless,
Diane
Another perfect match made in heaven!!! HE is so amazing at this.Thank Abba for this beautiful child you have bestowed upon Di and Jeff to be parents over!
Love those soulful eyes that are taking everything in. I am so happy for you that this has been a smoother Forever Family Day for you guys. The pics of her and Jeff sleeping are soooo precious.
Ainsley is such an amazing big sister and thought of all of the perfect things to bring for Emme.
Enjoy your Civil Affairs visit.
Big hugs,
Jody
So wonderful to see her in your arms and playing with Ainsley!!! Absolutely precious describes each and every photo! Blessings for a safe and joyous rest of your trip - I will be following along:)
Blessings, Ashley
I can't get enough of that cutie! Love all of the pictures. Especially love she and Ainsley with their lipgloss and soundly sleeping next to Baba. Tomorrow I need to see Mama:) here's to another good day! Hug that peanut for me!
What a brave, courageous, beautiful little girl! She did amazing for all the changes that happened today!
Hugs,
Sara
Congratulations! My goodness if she isn't the cutest little sweet pea ever. Your photos seem to capture her personality wonderfully!
What a beauty inside and out! I just can't get enough of her smiles!!! The photo of her and daddy looks just like SJ lying there. LOVE the big bow!!! :) Praying you all have a great day waking up and being together!!! Blessings!
Little Emme Jade is a precious, adorable little girl. She is so blessed to have such a special loving family. God is so good! Blessings, love and prayers are sent to all of you!
I just love that last picture with her daddy...so sweet! Tell Ainsley, she is definitely the best Jie Jie ever!
I was so excited to see you posted again today! I've said it before... and I'll say it again... she is the cutest little girl EVER!!! I think she looks adorable with her hair down. Cute, cute, cute!!!!
It seems like you all our doing a fabulous job!! May God be praised for all He has done!!
Diana, Miss Emme Jade is a real beauty!! She smiles with her eyes (and her whole face). Love the photo of her laying with her Baba (with that big ole bow in her hair!) Poor Jeff, 4 Girlie Girls!!!
Thanking the Lord for your new Princess. Her big sister is awesome...she knows just what to do... Can't wait to see four girls together!
Norah
Congratulations! Emme Jade is a sweet and strong girl. That means she'll fit right in with her sisters. Thank you for sharing this intimate and life-changing journey with us. I hope the next few days bring more joy and bonding. You're doing a wonderful job.
It is wonderful to see the pictures and hear the update of how your day went. She has such delicate features and I can only imagine how smitten you are. She does look like a daddy's girl right now.
It will be so much fun to see how much she changes just on this trip.
Continuing to lift you all to Jesus who has filled your cup to overflowing!! Praise God!!!
What a touching post. I love the picture of her big sis putting on the lip gloss and the one with daddy looking at her . . . so sweet!!! Love God's handy work, such a blessing to watch it unfold. Thanks so much for sharing.
Amy
Oh, she is just PRECIOUS!! So happy for you and your family! God knew exactly what he was doing placing her in your sweet arms!! What a true gift adoption is!
-Austyn <3
So unbelievably thrilled for you all! What an incredible gift...she is beautiful, so so beautiful.
Much love.
Jill
PRECIOUS!! Positively precious, she is!!!
Oh my, I can just imagine all the LOVE that was in that hotel room this afternoon, of course she melted :)
Cannot wait to continue to follow along!!
Yippee for Emme Jade Day!!!
oxoxoxoxo,
Stefanie
Wonderful!!! I watched the clock today trying to guess when you had that sweet girl in your arms....and I have never even met you!! Oh that pic of her asleep on daddy....I see that being in a slide show at her wedding!!....can totally pic my husband - someday - doing the same with his sweet china baby girl....congrats. Such a lucky family to have found each other!! AND if/when we go to china...can we rent big sister???
Congratulations! She is the perfect addition to your sweet family! You are one blessed mama!
Came back just in case there was a bonus post. Yay!! She is beautiful. Love and good wishes to you all.
I'm so happy that your beautiful angel is finally in your arms where she's meant to be!
Oh my she is too much, I got teary seeing the picture of her falling asleep and Jeff looking down at her, you can tell he is in love:)
What a wonderful God we serve!!
Oh my goodness...is there anything sweeter than a Daddy sleeping with his baby girl?? Love these pictures and your vivid descriptions of Emme Jade Day! Thanks for sharing.
love the lip gloss picture!!! Of course your big princess is doing a wonderful job of being a big sister.
I also love the pictures with her daddy!! How wonderful for her to have already grabbed hold of him(and his heart) love that she has her shoes on with her jammies:)
God bless your family and sending EJ healing thoughts as the next few days will be tough.
Praise God! It is so great to finally see her in the arms of her family. I love the sister bonding time over lipgloss. Too precious. I look forward to following your journey and seeing the lord at work in her little life.
These photos speak volumes!! I love seeing her with her big sister...and the photos with Jeff. OH MY...... so super sweet!
I agree with Kim, the one of her with her wet hair is simply amazing. Her face is so telling in that photo. JUST BEAUTIFUL!!
Hope you get some rest tonight and have another great day tomorrow~
xoxo,
Lisa
Please tell Ainsley how genuinely touched I am by her maturity, kindness and sweet love for her little sisters. She seems like such an amazing girl and I'm sure she will help Emme so much in the coming days and months.
Congratulations to your whole family. I hope you enjoy every moment of being in China.
Oh Diana! I am so happy for you and your family. It brings tears to my eyes. Emme Jade is a lucky little girl to have you all as her forever family. God Bless.
Yang Yuan Yuan is so excitedly watching "Yang Yuqiao" become an American and be with her family. She thinks that baba reminds her a lot of hers and she also especially likes her bab, in fact she tells me frequently that she doesn't really like me more than a little bit! And, you're right, it is so good she can say that and make her needs known. Prayers and love from the newest Stern and her mom
seriously, Di ~ after reading through your entire travel blog, one would think I could come over here and read it again, but with DRY eyes this time... no such luck! From the music to the photos, there was NO WAY I could hold them back. Just seeing the reality of Emme Jade with your family now, and the sweet, tender photos of her interacting with Ainsley and Jeff ~ well, let's just say "be still my heart!"
Praying for you still, especially as you spend this last day in Emme's home province. I know it will forever remain a very special place in your hearts, and the leaving is always bitter sweet. Until you return again one day...
Hugs,
Tanya
CONGRATULATIONS DIANA! Emme Jade is PRECIOUS!!! So happy for your family.