Our Sweet Mei Mei!
Today Jeff went back to work, and the three big sisters went to spend the day at Camp H. So, it is my first day with my new sweet daughter alone. She is taking her nap and I am creating my very long to-due list. I think this is a taste of what it will be like when Ainsley, Sienna and Ruby all head off to school next week. Emme did really well when she said "goodbye" to the crew today!
I am happy to report that re-entry has gone pretty well. Emme is adjusting beautifully to her life in this crazy family. She loves the attention she is getting from her big sisters. It's very sweet to witness. Unfortunately, she is terrified of our dog... Poor Piper.. The other girls were all scared too, but Emme is not warming up to her at all yet. She is glued to one of us when the dog is in the room.
We have all had the time changes to adjust to too. Even Sienna and Ruby are still getting back on their schedule! Emme has not slept through the night yet, so she and I have done a lot of bonding over laundry, and late night snacks. Praying tonight she will make it! I am feeling fine all day, but I will admit I am dragging myself out of bed in the mornings. I know it will get better soon. I keep reminding myself it has only been 4 days!
So for now, no big plans.... Just getting used to our new normal with the sweetest toddler I have ever met!
Blog Archive
-
▼
2011
(205)
-
▼
August
(30)
- Emme Jade Update!
- Wordless Wednesday!
- Back to School in a Big Way!!
- State Fair!!!
- Thankful Thursday!
- Wordless Wednesday!
- Big Sis Tee's - Etsy Shops!
- Our Sweet Mei Mei!
- Day 2!
- More Pics from Emme Jade's Homecoming!
- We are Home!!
- We are in Tokyo!!
- We Made It To Hong Kong!!
- Last Day in Guangzhou!
- Burberry Girl!
- TB Test.... NORMAL!!!!!
- Guess Who Can Climb Out of Her Crib?
- Hello Guangzhou!!
- Goodbye Nanjing!!
- Born to be an Empress!
- Emme Jade's Friends...
- "A Sweet Heart Change!"
- "Mama"
- More From Emme Jade Day!
- With Great Joy and Thanksgiving We Introduce....
- The Precious Faces of Nanjing!
- We are in Nanjing!!!!!
- Greetings From Narita, Japan!
- From Five to Six in 4 Days!!
- From Un-Packing to Packing!
-
▼
August
(30)
Blogs I Try to Keep Up With!
-
God's Got Her3 weeks ago
-
Melting into July~4 weeks ago
-
Destin Day 45 years ago
-
-
The Fourth7 years ago
-
What I have read lately7 years ago
-
-
{Happy Birthday to you...}8 years ago
-
-
Flood Part 4: Shelter Living9 years ago
-
-
Celebrating 2 Years With "Sweet Colin"11 years ago
-
Hilton Head ~ 201412 years ago
-
-
DON'T EVER QUIT !!!12 years ago
-
Adoption
Blog Archive
- 2014 (10)
- 2013 (57)
- 2012 (153)
-
2011
(205)
- December(26)
- November(12)
- October(19)
- September(14)
-
August(30)
- Emme Jade Update!
- Wordless Wednesday!
- Back to School in a Big Way!!
- State Fair!!!
- Thankful Thursday!
- Wordless Wednesday!
- Big Sis Tee's - Etsy Shops!
- Our Sweet Mei Mei!
- Day 2!
- More Pics from Emme Jade's Homecoming!
- We are Home!!
- We are in Tokyo!!
- We Made It To Hong Kong!!
- Last Day in Guangzhou!
- Burberry Girl!
- TB Test.... NORMAL!!!!!
- Guess Who Can Climb Out of Her Crib?
- Hello Guangzhou!!
- Goodbye Nanjing!!
- Born to be an Empress!
- Emme Jade's Friends...
- "A Sweet Heart Change!"
- "Mama"
- More From Emme Jade Day!
- With Great Joy and Thanksgiving We Introduce....
- The Precious Faces of Nanjing!
- We are in Nanjing!!!!!
- Greetings From Narita, Japan!
- From Five to Six in 4 Days!!
- From Un-Packing to Packing!
- July(13)
- June(11)
- May(17)
- April(14)
- March(19)
- February(15)
- January(15)
- 2010 (182)
- 2009 (181)
- 2008 (179)
- 2007 (91)



18 comments:
Wonderful update on Emme Jade!!
Enjoy your day alone with her! Sounds really nice. Jon Jon was afraid of our Sweet gentle Molly for about 2 weeks. Everytime she would go near him he would scream and run to me. The cat on the other hand he would chase and pull her tail. Poor Sasha!
Love the shirt where did you have it done? Those colors are great on her.
Hugs,
Jody
she looks so happy and content as if she always belonged.
Lisa (mom to Emme too)
Emme Jade is so precious. She looks so pretty in brown. I love that the "mei mei" on her shirt is wearing the same antenna pigtails that Emme wore in China. LOL
She's an ABSOLUTE DOLL!!! I have to know where you bought this outfit??? PLEASE!!! And the BIG SIS t-shirts??
Love reading your blogs! Don't know you personally, yet can tell from reading you have a HUGE heart...:). Thanks for sharing your journey! Enjoy your day with Emme Jade!
Please share where you purchased these love them!
Lori
So glad all is going well, she is so very precious!!!
Gabriella and I have loved following your journey to bring Emme home! It is so easy to see this was all part of Gods plan for Emme and your family and we can hear the happiness yet peacefulness in your post:) I would LOVE to know where the big sister T shirts came from too:) Enjoy your baby girl!! She is just beautiful!!!!
She is so precious! I can't believe how well she is doing, amazing! Our daughter was TERRIFIED of our cat, and all animals, when she came home. It took almost 3 months for her to get comfortable. It just took time but now she LOVES our kitty and my parents dog.
What a doll! Glad to hear everything is goign so well. Alivia was sared of our dogs as well but happy to say she loves them now. By the way, I must have missed you had a new dog! Pictures please. lol....
It took my daughter, Flynn, MONTHS to not be terrified of our family dog. Now the two of them are best friends and are crazy about each other. It takes time to build trust on both sides. I know with your wise guidance Emme and Piper will become comfortable with each other eventually. I'm glad the "re-entry" is going so well.
Love it!!!! She is just too cute for words!!!
She is so precious ... congratulations & welcome home with the sweetest toddler ever!!! Hugs from KY.
Gorgeous pictures of Miss Emme Jade! I hope that she gets used to Piper soon :) But really? whats a little extra Emme hug hurt anyone??
I have to tell you....looking at this baby just makes me smile. She really smiles with her whole face! She is just beautiful!
All 4 of your daughters are just beautiful!
Norah
Emme is just beautiful!
Awww...I love that tshirt on her!! Is is cool enough there to wear long sleeves??? Hope you got a full night's sleep last night!!
You are such a blessed woman! Your family is beautiful!
I love all the picture, and love that everyone is doing so well! They are all just darling!