Friday, August 19, 2011

We are Home!!

untitled-4651

This is the last photo I took of Emme Jade in China as she is waiting to board our flight to Tokyo... There is something bitter sweet about it to me... Saying goodbye to what she is familiar with, and hello to the unknown I guess...


Thank you for the prayers for our journey to Minneapolis. After we survived the first leg, Emme did do very well on the long flight home. We managed to keep her busy until she finally fell asleep for the last 3-4 hours! Answered prayer!!! What a welcome site it was to see our family and friends waiting for us! Sienna and Ruby were a site for tired eyes! They were so precious and excited! Thanks to all of you that were there to love on us!

untitled-4666HoldingHandsBLog

Sienna and Ruby took their role of big sisters so seriously right away.. It did not take Emme long to relax and get down on the floor with them. The next thing I know Sienna takes her hand and she starts leading her to her new life.. And, then she calls over to Ruby to take her other hand... It was so sweet....

untitled-46703SistersBlog

As expected, Emme was not one bit excited about her car seat! Ruby will tell you it was a very loud trip home... She finally accepted this new fate of hers, about 10 minutes before we pulled into our driveway! I am sure it will take a few trips in the car for this to get easier!

untitled-4700RubyEmmeBlog

Sienna and Ruby were excited to show Emme the house, her room, and our swing set. Emme was shocked by the feel of the grass on her feet.. So, Ruby jumped in to make that all better!

untitled-4698SiEmHugBLog

Sienna picked up Emme to get her little feet off the grass... This hug says it all.... She is going to be Emme's protector!

untitled-4703EmmeDress

Thank you Jill and Mary for these sweet dresses... It was a beautiful first afternoon together. We managed to keep the "Little Bean" entertained until 7:30.. She is sleeping peacefully in her new room!

I will post photos of from the airport that Liz took soon!! I was able to take it all in, while she played photographer for us... again!

A few special quotes from the afternoon... At the swing set Emme was going down the slide. I asked Sienna to catch her.. Sienna said to me, "Don't worry Mom, I will never let her fall!"

Tucking Ruby in, she said Mom... "I love Emme Jade.. She is pretty, nice, she's good at cleaning up and she's funny too!"

She is all that... And, so much more!

Welcome Home Emme Jade! We love you!



43 comments:

Diane said...

Welcome Home!
As I am reading your post and looking at all your beautiful Angels, my eyes are flooded with enormous happy tears. This is truly a "match made in heaven"!!! Your girls are precious and are now and always Forever Sisters:)
Thanks Be To God!
Diane

Deborah said...

Welcome Home. Your girls are such a blessing, all four of them. I look forward to your new journey.

Courtney said...

Welcome home. It is so wonderful to see all three girls together.

Jodee said...

Oh my word! This is the sweetest post over! I am crying happy tears this morning! The girls are just adorable together. Welcome home!

Jodee said...

Ooops -- This is the sweetest post EVER! Sorry for the typo!

Sue Mom of Two said...

Such a gorgeous family! Your girls are all SO loving to their new little sister. I'm looking forward to seeing Emme Jade settle into her new family.

Naomi said...

There is not place like home!!!

What beautiful outfits the big sister were wearing for your home coming! I love the way they are like Mother hens!! You are going to have so much help.

Praying for a quick recovery from jet lag and smooth adjustments.

How has the unpacking gone since moving into your new home? I imagine you still have things to do in that department too!!

hugs,
Naomi

Paige said...

Yay! As I pictured they look perfect together! Sienna and Ruby look so grown up and are wonderful big sisters! So thankful you survived the travels home!
Welcome home and thanks be to God!

The 5 Bickies said...

I have loved every minute of following along on your journey. It has been so exciting to see you meet your beautiful Emme Jade and what fun it is to see Ruby and Sienna meet their new sister. Your children have tender hearts....what a talent you have for bringing that out in them.

All the best to you all while you settle in to being home together.

Jen

Stefanie said...

Oh goodness... welcome HOME :)
Such a precious sight to see your girls holding hands, and to hear that they are already fiercely protective of their new littlest sister!!
God is sooooo good!!!
oxoxoxo!

Davey, Lauren and Ava's proud mom said...

Welcome Home Emme Jade!
Diana- the pictures of your beautiful girls always make me cry! They are just sooooo cute :)
The blessings God has bestowed upon you and Jeff is a true testament of His faithfulness when one is willing to follow His heart. Thank you for sharing your joy with all of us who are so encouraged in return. Enjoy the rest of summer with your tiny girl!

Unknown said...

Welcome home!!! These pictures are just wonderful -- I can only imagine how meaningful and amazing it is for you to see all of your girls together. Absolutely beautiful!!!

Shirley H. said...

Precious~

Mission To Macie said...

those are the sweetest pictures EVER!

Welcome home!

Jill :)

Sharon said...

as always tears wrapping up your beautiful journey and for the journey that is ahead!!! Now I have TWO new beauties to meet next time I visit (actually three, I haven't met Ainsley yet:)
Praying for sweet sleep as you get over jet lag.

Shower of blessings! said...

Adorable! Glad you made it home safely and are all reunited as a family of six. Praying for a smooth transition in the next few weeks. What beautiful pictures! Blessings!!

Debra said...

You have the most beautiful family, inside and out. How blessed you are. Blessings to you and your precious girls. Welcome home!

Anonymous said...

Bawling my eyes out, adorable family and post. Welcome home!

Mom to my China Posse said...

How sweet to see the girls together! Welcome home! Hope you don't get a case of bad jet lag as I did. I still am not a 100 percent!

Sharon said...

So glad you all made it safely home! Welcome Home! So sweet and special to see your girls together-hoping to see a picture with all four girls in it very soon! I look forward to hearing more Emme Jade adventures in the days to come.

snekcip said...

Well darnit...you made me cry!! What a precious, precious post. Welcome home "R" family....welcome home.

Football and Fried Rice said...

Welcome Back to the real world!!! Looks like reentry is already going well! What beautiful dresses for your beautiful China girls! I am so proud of Sienna and Ruby (& of course, Ainsley!)

I cant wait to watch your family enjoy our amazing fall that you KNOW we are going to have! let's meet for some apple picking!!

nancy said...

Beautiful! Blessings.

Robin said...

Welcome home!!

Wendy said...

Welcome Home! I am teary reading this long awaited first post from home. You have incredible daughters, all four of them....and you are a beautiful family! I'm so glad and thankful that Emme Jade came home to you!

Ani said...

Welcome home!!!!
Love, love, love the pic of Sienna hugging Ms Emme tight - truly forever sisters.

KBam said...

Welcome home!! The pictures of your girls together took my breath away...just perfect!

Jboo said...

Bless your sweet family! So wonderful to see all of you together.

Janet

Everything Beautiful Shay said...

LOVE the photos and SO thankful you all are home safe and whole!!!
XO

Unknown said...

Sweet sweet post love the pics

3 Peanuts said...

Oh my goodness!! I am crying at the absolute beauty of the love between sisters in this post. I love how Sienna jumped in to be her protector. And Ruby's words are just precious!!!


So glad y'all are home.

Love,
Kim

Katrina said...

How beautiful! Congrats! How lucky you are to have each other!

Kathryn said...

So precious... all of it!! God is so good!
Welcome Home!!

Jenny Diedrich said...

having two sisters myself, i know what a wonderful gift you are giving to all of your girls. they'll always have each other. many blessings to your beautiful family!

Lee said...

Welcome home!!! Such a lovely post, and Sienna and Ruby's comments have me all misty. What a trio of champion big sisters for Emme.

I hope you have some lovely downtime in your new home before school starts. And hope to meet sweet Emme very soon.

Much love,

Leeanne, Ron and Ellie

sweet momma luv u said...

So glad you are all together! Welcome home Emme Jade!! What a sweet post! So glad everyone is enjoying one another and getting to know each other.

You have a very special family Diana. So glad we can now watch the rest of your journey unfold! I am sure God has great things in store for you!

Blessings and Big hugs,

Jody

Sue said...

Welcome Home!

Ruthie said...

Welcome Home! We got back today! Love the pictures!! Praying for you!

Tracy said...

Hi Di - it has been so fun to watch your journey to Emme Jade. She is really beautiful and clearly fits right into your family. God has indeed selected this child for you and your family. Can't wait to meet your newest addition.

Tracy

Debbie Sauer said...

Precious girls, you are so lucky!
Blessings

jennifer said...

This is precious!! I can see how excited those sister are!! I'm guessing Ainsley had no problem letting them take over for a while :) The grass and carseat remind me so much of Wesleigh. I hope the carseat gets better much quicker than ours did!! She'll succomb to her fate sooner or later! So glad you're home safe...can't wait till we're on the same time zone again!!!

Love ya!

Beth said...

Your girls are all so sweet....that pic of emme looking at the plane.....omh! I have looked at it 100 times and still get chills!! Welcome home!!!

Sammy said...

Oh my goodness! that photo in Tokyo of her is heartbreaking, but in a good way. : - )

No Hands But Ours

Blog Archive

Blog Archive