Friday, January 8, 2010
A Priceless Friday With Ruby!


Forgive the Mama ramblings here... But, it was a special day with Her Rubiness that I don't want to forget.... Soon I will have 2 toddlers in tow, so I want to remember the special times with each of my girls... I'm counting on this blog to help me remember the milestones, the funny moments, and the pure joy of being a Mom most days!!Today the only thing on our agenda was an 8:45 Dr.'s appt.
So, Her Rubiness joined me much to the delight of Claudia our nurse, and several other people that she made smile in that office. When they called my name, "Diana?" Ruby gently said, "Diana & Ruby are ready"... We quickly went back to a room with our nurse. As she did the routine blood pressure, Ruby sat close to me, and told me she would hold my hand. She kept asking me, "Are you going to be Ok Mom?" So sweet, and so concerned.. (Please note, this was a routine check up.) She went on to tell Claudia that she had a cold because it is FREEEEEZZZZING outside! Next came Dr. Wolke... Ruby proceeded to share with her that she had a cold because it is FREEEEEEZZZZING outside! Once she stopped chatting with MY doctor, we were able to complete the appt. But, not before I got my H1N1 shot from Claudia... Again, Ruby sweetly held my hand....
Next we headed to the lab for a quick blood draw.. Again they called "Diana." Again, Ruby said, "Diana & Ruby are here..." She was not quite as excited about watching the blood draw, and she was very disappointed in the boring bandaid they used. And, not one bit impressed that there were no stickers or suckers as a reward for my excellent behavior...
Since I had to fast before this appointment, I was starving... So, Ruby and I went out for breakfast at a local pancake house. They put us in a private room where the Red Hat Ladies were having lunch. If you have never seen this group, they get all dolled up in their purple sweaters and lovely red hats... Ruby, yells... "It's the Vikings!" She got the "jersey" color right! We decided to fit right in and eat our breakfast with our hats on too. It was such a fun morning!
Next we moved on to run the errands that I have put off all week due to the fact it is FREEEEEZZZZING! The last stop was for some much needed alterations. Our tailor happens to be right next to the nail salon I use sometimes. Ruby thought it would be a great idea to get our nails done... Considering, it has been months since I have had a pedicure, I had to agree with her. So, we walked in to a very empty shop. Tony the owner, and his wife were both there, and available. So, Tony did Ruby's pretty fingers, why I got a quick pedicure... Little Miss Chatterbox was right at home, picking out her color and getting pampered... But, the best part was when Tony took her to the corner to get her nails dry... He asked her if she could sing him a song... I am pretty sure he was expecting ABC's... Oh no, from Her Rubiness he got, "So long, farewell, auf wiedersehn, goodnight...." yes, the goodbye song from her beloved Sound of Music!!! It was PRICELESS! (If you read my post yesterday, you know why this is funny!)
Finally we came home to make cookies for Ainsley! She is on her first church retreat for one night! While I was cleaning up, Ruby came down from her room with some bubbles I had put away for our trip. She asked if she could go outside and use them... After a little negotiating, I agreed. I knew it would be a quick trip outside... You would never know that Ruby is from southern China. The cold never bothers her... (Yes, I usually have her in a respectable winter coat and mittens too!)
Next we had a quick trip to pick up Ainsley from school and drop her off at our church. She drove up to the camp with friends from school. She was so excited. I was a little sad.. She is growing up so fast! I can't wait to take her to China!

Well, Ruby and I ended our day with a few scenes of "Sound of Music", a tea party, and a reading of "Fancy Nancy and the Posh Puppy!" I don't think it gets any better than that!!
Labels:
Ruby Mei
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Blog Archive
-
▼
2010
(182)
-
▼
January
(18)
- Sunday Snapshot ~ Sienna Grace
- We're a Little Sad...
- Now It's Time to Get Serious!!!!
- Wordless Wednesday!
- Destination Changsha Confirmed and Booked!!
- Wesleigh Jane!
- WE HAVE DATES!!!!!!!!!!!!
- TA!!!! TA!!!! TA!!!! TA!!!!
- Calling "Been There Done That" Mom's of Adopted To...
- It's Monday!!!
- While We Wait....
- TA Update...
- I WANT MY TA!!!!!!!!!!!!
- A Priceless Friday With Ruby!
- Thank you!
- Wordless Wednesday!
- Our Journey To Sienna Grace...
- Random Ramblings...
-
▼
January
(18)
Blogs I Try to Keep Up With!
-
So Long September~1 week ago
-
Our Wedding Rehearsal1 month ago
-
Destin Day 45 years ago
-
-
The Fourth7 years ago
-
What I have read lately7 years ago
-
-
{Happy Birthday to you...}8 years ago
-
-
Flood Part 4: Shelter Living10 years ago
-
-
Celebrating 2 Years With "Sweet Colin"12 years ago
-
Hilton Head ~ 201412 years ago
-
-
DON'T EVER QUIT !!!12 years ago
-
Adoption
Blog Archive
- 2014 (10)
- 2013 (57)
- 2012 (153)
- 2011 (205)
-
2010
(182)
- December(18)
- November(12)
- October(9)
- September(15)
- August(12)
- July(16)
- June(16)
- May(13)
- April(16)
- March(27)
- February(10)
-
January(18)
- Sunday Snapshot ~ Sienna Grace
- We're a Little Sad...
- Now It's Time to Get Serious!!!!
- Wordless Wednesday!
- Destination Changsha Confirmed and Booked!!
- Wesleigh Jane!
- WE HAVE DATES!!!!!!!!!!!!
- TA!!!! TA!!!! TA!!!! TA!!!!
- Calling "Been There Done That" Mom's of Adopted To...
- It's Monday!!!
- While We Wait....
- TA Update...
- I WANT MY TA!!!!!!!!!!!!
- A Priceless Friday With Ruby!
- Thank you!
- Wordless Wednesday!
- Our Journey To Sienna Grace...
- Random Ramblings...
- 2009 (181)
- 2008 (179)
- 2007 (91)

22 comments:
Ruby is a precious little girl...you must be so proud! Her personality just shines through the pictures.
I would have to agree that is does not get any better than that. Sounds like a delightful (that 's fancy for wonderful) day with her Rubiness.
Yes, not too many more days alone with her...savor them all.
Love the shot of Ainsley and her friends. Hope she has fun on the retreat.
What a sweet, sweet day! You are right - you are about to double your fun in the the toddler department - and start building all new memories with the 3 muskateers! I, too, can't wait for Ainsley to go to China - she is going to be such a wonderful help! Just as Ruby will be when you get Sienna home!
Sounds like a perfectly delightful day with Miss Ruby, if I do say so myself!! I love that she sang from Sound of Music to the nail guy...too cute! I bet she was wishing she had her special dress on about then!! ;)
Soak in and savor every moment like this that you can! I'm trying to remember to do the same with my kids here. Not that I won't when Khloe is home, too... but it's no secret that things will change a bit and life is going to be just a tad bit busier!!
(((hugs!)))
I would love to hear Ruby sing the song, can you post a video? It is so great that you spend the time you do with both Ainsley and Ruby (and soon Sienna). All of them will remember their childhood with such joy! Good Job! S. Kim
WOW! I want to come spend the day with you and Ruby! Sounds like a perfect day. The Sound of Music is my favorite movie. When I was 10/11 ish. I HAD to have a sailor outfit. My mom taught 8th grade and the 8th grade play was SOM. I knew every line and would sit with the kids to go over lines.
What a special mother daughter time together. She is quite the character isn't she? Precious girl!
Sounds like a really fun day!
That sounds like such a wonderful day.... A day when your heart just feels full. And I have to agree with Her Rubiness... It is FREEEZZZING!!!!!
oh, it sounds heavenly!!!! I miss those simple days with my girls!!! We have gone from watching things like Sound Of Music to 24 (which is fun too!) and making cookies on their own!
What a great Mom you are Diana! Ruby reminds me of my oldest...what a bright and shining star she is! Enjoy your weekend!
Thanks for sharing your day with Ruby. Your posts halp us stay connected to our grandchildren from afar in Freezzzzzing TX
Love
Grandma/Grandpa Edwards
what a great day!!! I love that! Mia and I need a great day like that. We are too "run here and run there" right now. What a wondedrful day to remember.
Hugs,
Christy :)
Sounds like a wonderful ending to your FREEZZZZZZING week;)
I also am e-mailing you about sponsoring a Bamboo Baby - SO EXCITED!!
Blessings, Ashley
What an absolutely splendid day you and your Rubiness had!! She is precious and so cute to boot!!
Any news on your TA? We haven't heard anything yet.
Hugs,
Jody
I agree...in all your spare time right now, maybe you could post a video of Ruby singing that song :)
That made me laugh right out loud!
What a fun and unforgettable day with Miss Ruby! Priceless!
Too cute! Sounds like a perfect day. I especially love her choice in songs! So adorable. Maybe she'll call me again and sing it to me ;)
I'm sure I'll be talking to you tomorrow...on to another week!
Love Mommy/daughter moments! Truly Treasure them! Ainsley is growing before our very eyes! Ainsley is going to have GREAT MEMORIES from the CHINA trip! I can't wait to see the updates!
PS I'm with Kim....post a video!! Okay so we're little spoiled!!
A perfect day with a perfect girl! Love that she held your hand-so sweet! Thrilled that I got to hear her Sound of Music performance in person! She's a star in the making! Love your girlies!
B