Thursday, January 7, 2010

Thank you!

There are really no words to thank you for the lovely comments and emails I have received since sharing "Our Journey To Sienna Grace." I am humbled...

I also want to thank those of you who have been led to sponsor a Pearl River Baby because you learned about our program here. Again... I am humbled...

I have "TA" on the brain, and so much to do. Just the little things, that are BIG things when you are leaving the country soon. I did at least start the excel sized packing list this week! I started out Monday with high expectations of all that I would accomplish... I think the fact that it is bitter cold has made it very hard for me to knock things off my list that require exiting my car for anything that would make me turn it off! Poor Ruby has watched Sound of Music so many times, she could tell you exactly what Gretel is wearing in every scene!! Seriously, she watched it over Christmas break, and she has not stopped asking to watch it again!!! I am not a big advocate of TV, but Ruby has gotten her share of her new favorite musical while we have been busy getting organized... And, a little extra "My Favorite Things" when it is 10 below can't hurt a girl, can it? By the way this photo was taken this morning when Ruby asked if she could wear this dress to sing the "Goodbye" song with the VonTrapp's... Perhaps we need an intervention over here! :)

Well, it is time for this tired Mama to call it a night! Thank you again for your amazing comments. I wish I could hug you all!!!

And a special shout out to my Adoption Pals, Kristen and Stef!! I am lifting you up, and I look forward to updates from China soon!

Come on TA.....

Blessings,

9 comments:

TanyaLea said...

I love that Ruby picked out a dress so that she could sing along with the musical... yep, an intervention might not be a bad idea...LOL! No, really, I think you just have an adorable little girl with a big imagination and possibly an acting career, following in her big sister's footsteps, perhaps!?!

Come on TA... SO praying for you and that it comes SOON!

Big Hugs,
~Tanya

The Oswalds said...

So precious! I love their imaginations at this age! Just think about your household with 2 very imaginitive little princesses running around! So exciting!

snekcip said...

TA! TA! TA!TA! WE ALL WANT SIENNA IN THE USA!!!!!


CHEERING IT ON FROM TX!!!!

Mei Mei s and Mayhem said...

She is so cute!! Love that movie and cant wait for Ava to be old enough to want to watch it!

Come on TA...Looking forward to following your journey again. Is the whole family going?? You might have said some where but I dont remember. :-)

Beth said...

Thank you for sharing YOUR story...I have been a luker for a while....not even sure how I ever found your blog but has been over a year that I have visited almost daily.....and also started checking the Pearl River website....thanks for introducing me to that also....has planted a seed in my head for when the time is "right"....Can't wait to see Sienna home!!

jennifer said...

That is hysterical! I love it. Besides, I think it's important that every little girl be able to recite The Sound of Music! I can't even imagine 10 below weather!! 25 is about to kill me!!

Anonymous said...

I think that dress is perfectly appropriate (from one Sound of Music Junkie to another...). I must have watched that movie EVERY day I ever stayed home sick in elementary school (and middle - although I probably wouldn't admit that to my friends back then).

I have a few questions about Pearl River, so I may e-mail you at that e-mail address:)

Blessings for a great weekend and fingers crossed and prayers uplifted for a TA, Ashley

Football and Fried Rice said...

It's amazing what you girl will find to do with this weather ;)

Can't wait to follow YOU to China too! Come on TA!!

DiJo said...

Testing...

DiJo

No Hands But Ours

Blog Archive

Blog Archive