Thursday, December 16, 2010

A Precious Request!

-1SiennaRubyWinterBLog

Every day I see this relationship growing... Sunday Sienna and Ruby asked Jeff and I to push their beds together... That question just made me pause to realize how far they have come in less than one year. As I have said many times, this friendship and sister relationship has blossomed on their terms... It's been a journey for both of them. But, honestly what relationship worth anything, isn't a journey? I can look back at the magnitude of how their lives both changed overnight. And, honestly I am so proud of them both. At four and five years of age, they have learned so many big life lessons. Most importantly how to love, trust and forgive. Perhaps that is why God gave us siblings in the first place! As I have said a million times.. Their's is a precious red thread story of two little girls who share a similar beginning, hand picked by God to leave China and be together here and now. Again, I am thankful for the front row seat... Adoption truly is a a miracle!



14 comments:

Football and Fried Rice said...

That is very sweet. Did you tell them that it would ruin the look of the garden suite if their beds were pushed together? LOL!!!! I might agree to a trundle. Even with great sisterly love :-)

So happy for their journey! I know that sometimes the grafting in with the siblings is the hardest. Especially when {one} siblings loses their "baby status". Se are at two years and our "old baby" is 8.5 - still grafting :) and thankful for every day of it!

love those girls!

Sara

Denise said...

Love this picture and the request story! Like Sara, we still have one that is having trouble not being the baby anymore. I so wish for Maggie to have a sister...only God knows the answer to that I guess. Have a Merry Christmas Diana...I am so thankful for our friendship~

Stefanie said...

That request tells the true story of sisterly love :) How precious!
And that picture? Oh MY!! Not only a fantastic capture, but those two are positively stunning :)

jennifer said...

This picture is gorgeous!! The snow is so pretty.

They are precious. I love having a sideline seat to their blooming "sisterhood"!!

Love you!

3 Peanuts said...

Oh that is so sweet:) I love how their relationship has grown. AND I adore this photo!!!!

3 Peanuts said...

P.S. the colors of the coats and hats coordinate so well and look gorgeous against he snow:) They are little fashionistas.

snekcip said...

...and I'm glad to be in the "backseat enjoying "the ride"! This has truly been one awesome journey witnessing the beauty of 2 little girls find their forever families. Ainsley is icing that EXTRA sweetness to a beautiful love story!

PS I agree w/Kim! The colors are just gorgeous against the snow! Just when I think "oh this is my favorite picture of the girls" you come back w/another awesome shot! This one has topped the ranks!!

Teresa said...

What a beautiful picture and real life adoption story!! It's amazing to watch as the girls have grown together and have truly become sisters at heart!

Heather H. said...

They really are growing closer all the time. I love to hear about it.

If the next 9 days fly by and I don't talk to you again, Merry Christmas!!!

Heather, Dana, and Emmalyne

Missy said...

Such a sweet post and very ironic, as I posted about the miracle of adoption on my blog last night. Such a blessing that so many get to experience! Your girls are so darling together and I know love each other deeply!

Natalie said...

Such a sweet story and such true thoughts! This picture (like all your pictures) is wonderful!

Big Happy Family said...

Love these 2 girls and their journey to being such sweet siblings. What beautiful pictures Ms D.

Unknown said...

Diana - 1st your photography is breathtaking and every shot tells a deep and beautiful story!

I love this post and to have a front seat from here watching God weave a beautiful tapestry between your two China princesses perfectly selected by their King!

I sit in awe of how He hand picks them so perfectly for each family - 7 times for us. Only He could do it...so we would be a forever family like we are!

Hugs and love,
Jill

TanyaLea said...

This is too sweet! I love their tender hearts and how God placed their lives together in sisterhood for such a time as this! I can only imagine the sweet giggles that come from that room at night... I know it makes your mama heart smile!! :)

I had to laugh at Sara's comment about ruining the look of the garden suite and agreeing to a trundle instead... she just spoke my thoughts out loud!! ;)

Beautiful and PRECIOUS request, indeed!! OXOX

No Hands But Ours

Blog Archive