Friday, September 24, 2010

A Special Daddy!

DSC_4580Blog

You may remember that it took Sienna a while to love and trust her Daddy... We always assumed it was because it was Jeff that "extracted" her from the Civil Affairs office in Hunan on March 1st. She adored her foster mother, but it is clear to us now she was not very close to her foster father. So, it makes a lot of sense that it took her a long time to trust her Daddy!

Over time I have watched this relationship evolve into something very special. When she wakes up the first thing she asks me is, "where's Daddy." When she gets hurt, she asks me "to call Daddy." He is her go to guy! Her safety net. Her buddy! She doesn't love him from afar anymore. She LOVES him!

When Sienna had her first transfusion and dental surgery Jeff had to be out of town. She kept a chair open for him in her hospital room just in case he was able to come.. We texted him updates, and sent him pictures. He was the last person she talked to before she was taken from me.

Monday evening we found out that Sienna's Hbg (Hemoglobin) levels were at a dangerously low level, even for her. Jeff had just landed in Chicago when I got this news. Which meant the next morning we were heading to Children's for transfusion #2. One week earlier than we hoped. I texted Jeff the news. He never left the terminal, forty minutes later he was on a flight back home to be with his girl.

She walked into that transfusion appointment dressed in pink from head to toe, and so excited that her Daddy was there, her go to guy, her safety net, her buddy!

September 30th our precious girl will be having surgery on her spleen. One thing is for sure, she will not be alone.. She will have two people that love her more than we could have imagined possible six months ago. And, that special chair in her room will be occupied by one very special person, her amazing Daddy!


25 comments:

Joan said...

God bless you all. That is what being a parent is all about!

Ally said...

Very sweet. Prayers for darling Siena.

E said...

It is beautiful to see that love blossom and grow. Peace and prayers to you and your family, especially on the 30th.

Hannah said...

I read you blog but don't usually comment. This brought me to tears. A Daddy is such a special blessing.

My son had a major surgery a few years ago and it touched my heart to think of your family going through this. Our family will keep all of you in our prayers with faith in the Lord that it will be a smooth and successful surgery.

Tami said...

Oh this is so sweet, so special. There's nothin like being a true 'daddy's girl';-).

BTW, Sienna's teeth look great!

Keeping Sienna in prayer as you approach surgery day.

Hugs,
Tami

Rachel said...

This is such a sweet post! You have a beautiful family! I'll keep Sienna in my prayers.

Stefanie said...

This just makes me CRY!! Sweet Sienna... I am so glad she finally has a daddy she can trust to BE there for her... what an example Jeff is setting of what Sienna's Heavenly Father is like :)
Beautiful!!

Everything Beautiful Shay said...

Such a precious post! Praying for sweet Sienna as she goes through her surgery and transfusion. Praying for you too!!!
Blessings!

snekcip said...

Nothing like a Daddy's girl. Our little one entered our lives at an older age I was 42 and my husband 47 at the time. WHile some thought she was our grandchild, she readily assured them...that was her daddy!!! He is definitely her"go to man'. On the route home from school we sometimes come across a vehicle like his and she is adamant that's HER DADDY CAR and wonder why "those ppl are in it"!! LOL!! I love the way she lights up when he comes home from work!! Its all about daddy!! Something about a daddy only a little girl can define to the utmost!! While she LOVES her momma to the moon and back, her daddy in her eyes can make EVERYTHING BETTER!! He is her comforter for little boo-boo's, her protector when she is being a little tart, and her big bear when she just wants daddy!! When she is frighten of a bug it's I WANT DADDY!! I guess because mommy is equally scared!! LOL!!

We were at "goals night" at school last night and as we looked at her work, she took her daddy by the hand and proudly told her teacher...THIS IS MY DADDY!!! Did I feel left out..nope! I know she loves me the way she cuddles under me, is happy to see me at the end of the day...but its just something about daddy!!!

Football and Fried Rice said...

oh, I just got chills reading about your text to Jeff and his response. How amazing - that there is such love in this world! Thank goodness! Praying for Sienna and her surgery!

Anonymous said...

Paying for your sweet girl (and her brave Mommy, Daddy and sisters too!).

Blessings, Ashley

Twinkletoes said...

An entire special family. I will keep you all in my thoughts and prayers, especially on the 30th.

Casey said...

Sweet girl!! I am praying for her in her upcoming surgery!!

Unknown said...

That is so sweet. Brought tears to my eyes! Praying she is feeling well and so happy she will have both of you there on the 30th! What a blessing she is to your family! ~Kimberly

Pink Velvet Mommy said...

Saving a chair for her daddy just makes my heart smile!

Hope Miss S is doing better and her surgery goes great, we will be sending thoughts and prayers to your family for a quick recovery!!!

Daddy's are the best!!!

jennifer said...

You're making my cry!! I love Sienna's daddy!!

How amazing for you to be able to watch that relationship evolve. So sweet. How easy it will be for her to accept and understand the love her heavenly father has for her because of the example given by Jeff. So amazing!

Big Happy Family said...

Love your post! We will be thinking of you and praying for Sienna and your family! She and Daddy look totally sweet together....

Jennifer said...

This brought tears to my eyes!

So happy Sienna has a daddy she can count on. Every child deserves this.

Blessings,
Jennifer

Half Gaelic, Half Garlic! said...

Awww.. she is so sweet and looks like she is smitten by her Daddy!

thinking of you as you approach surgery day.

Sending prayers~

xo,

Lisa

3 Peanuts said...

Oh DI! I am crying over here. So beautiful!!!! I know that usualy the little girls FLOCK to Jeff so I am sure it was so hard in the beginning when Sienna did not BUt boy oh boy is her love worth fighting for. Jeff is ana awesome Daddy and I love that he and Sienna have forged such a special relationship. Women pick their husbands often based n how they feel about their Dad's:)

Sunny said...

Hello Diana!
I'm still a BIG fan of your blog and this post brought tears to my eyes. So, so beautiful! Your girls just get prettier everyday. Praying for your sweet Sienna.

Bridget said...

Well you know this post brings a smile to my face! Sienna knows a good guy when she sees one! So glad Jeff could be with his sweet girl. They couldn't be cuter together!

Sherry said...

I will be thinking and praying for you guys on the 30th. But I know God and daddy will take care of your sweet little angel.

TanyaLea said...

AMAZING Daddy is right... she is one blessed little hunny!! SO glad that she is recovering so well. I'm sorry I missed this...I'm so out of touch these days, and not sure when I'll get better. But I miss checking in on you and seeing how those precious treasures of your's are doing. You are one blessed mama!! :)

Hugs,
Tanya

Dita said...

Tears...you made me cry.

I can feel the love you both have for your baby girl...and she for you.

I am so happy that everything has worked out so well with the surgery and so glad I wasn't biting my nails this whole time (being so late to the "party" and only finding out today that all this was going on.!)

Incredible family you are!

No Hands But Ours

Blog Archive