Tuesday, September 21, 2010
Ice Skating Lessons!
Most of you know we live in the northland. It gets COLD here. And, most people learn how to skate when they learn to walk. Especially if you are a hockey family! When Ruby stayed at "Camp H" last spring, she walked out their back porch to their hockey rink everyday. Liz sent me several pictures of her looking like a natural with a stick in her hand. I grew up as a figure skater. Not sure I am ready to see my little cutie with pads and a helmet on one day, but you just never know. One thing is for sure, whatever sport Ruby picks she will do it well... And, like I have said before with enthusiasm!
Ruby has looked forward to "real" skating lessons for a while. She had her sister convinced it would be great.... Sienna's face was priceless when we walked into the rink and she saw the sheet of ice... She is our southern girl. She has never seen snow, and she is not real crazy about being cold. Winter should be "fun!" But I give her credit, she went out there with a positive attitude and a smile!!
So, yesterday I laced up their new skates, and at 9am they walked hand in hand to the rink. The teacher scooped them up, and that was it... Ruby as expected LOVED it. She fell a bunch of times and just popped right up... Sienna chose to stay close to the teacher. I did see a smile on her face a few times!! When they got off the ice, Ruby said, that was FUN!!!! Sienna said, "My butt hurts!" And, of course the poor thing was freezing!!!!!!!!
Overall, I think Sienna will give it another try. But, if not, I know she will be content sitting with me while sipping hot chocolate in the stands watching her mei mei twirling around or scoring a goal!

Labels:
Ice Skating,
Sisters
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Blog Archive
-
▼
2010
(182)
-
▼
September
(15)
- Bye Bye Spleen!! Surgery Update!
- Sienna's Surgery....
- {Black and White Wednesday} Mr. and Mrs. Camp H!!
- Ainsley!
- Just pictures!!
- A Special Daddy!
- Just Because....
- Ice Skating Lessons!
- Are You Ready For Some Football?
- Pre-School Has Begun!
- Black & White Wednesday {Bethlehem Workshop}
- A Sweet Sienna Story!
- Black & White Wednesday {Sisters}
- State Fair!
- Pretty in HER Pettiskirt!
-
▼
September
(15)
Blogs I Try to Keep Up With!
-
So Long September~1 week ago
-
Our Wedding Rehearsal1 month ago
-
Destin Day 45 years ago
-
-
The Fourth7 years ago
-
What I have read lately7 years ago
-
-
{Happy Birthday to you...}8 years ago
-
-
Flood Part 4: Shelter Living10 years ago
-
-
Celebrating 2 Years With "Sweet Colin"12 years ago
-
Hilton Head ~ 201412 years ago
-
-
DON'T EVER QUIT !!!12 years ago
-
Adoption
Blog Archive
- 2014 (10)
- 2013 (57)
- 2012 (153)
- 2011 (205)
-
2010
(182)
- December(18)
- November(12)
- October(9)
-
September(15)
- Bye Bye Spleen!! Surgery Update!
- Sienna's Surgery....
- {Black and White Wednesday} Mr. and Mrs. Camp H!!
- Ainsley!
- Just pictures!!
- A Special Daddy!
- Just Because....
- Ice Skating Lessons!
- Are You Ready For Some Football?
- Pre-School Has Begun!
- Black & White Wednesday {Bethlehem Workshop}
- A Sweet Sienna Story!
- Black & White Wednesday {Sisters}
- State Fair!
- Pretty in HER Pettiskirt!
- August(12)
- July(16)
- June(16)
- May(13)
- April(16)
- March(27)
- February(10)
- January(18)
- 2009 (181)
- 2008 (179)
- 2007 (91)


10 comments:
How cute is this!! Love their polka dot jackets!!!
I gotta say... I don't blame Sienna!! I don't "do cold weather either"! Hey, but then again, she just may surprise you and get back out there!! You never know!
Adorable!
Cute cute! I took skating lessons as a little girl and I LOVED them! I started when I was 3 or 4. I never was competitive or anything but it sure was fun! :)
How fun that they get to try these things out together! Precious! I'm with Sienna....a southern girl that doesn't love the cold.
How cute are they!!! I love the polka dots:)
xoxo,
Lisa
So cute. Thank you for your text...I was thinking about her all day.
I bet they are both going to be GREAT skaters:)
OMG..how I love this post!! I think I'm siding with Sienna on this one!! I will gladly watch Ruby twirl and spin from the stands (with blankets and hot chocolate!)
LOVE the jackets!! So cute!!
That photo is adorable! I grew up in south Florida but I took figure skating lessons for years. Loved it. Any excuse to wear a twirly skirt!
Look at those cuties! Lucy wants to take skating lessons next time we sign up for something. We may have to come up north to get a lesson from Miss Di! Hope the girls love skating if not hope they love the hot chocolate!
I LOVE THIS!! Can't wait to see them in action this winter on our rink :)!!! Adorable!