Thursday, September 2, 2010
Pretty in HER Pettiskirt!
I learned a big Mom lesson last Thursday night. For weeks I had been looking forward to the "Pettiskirts by the Bay" photo shoot with my girls. I had a vision, and I was so excited to have Kim and Jen there to help me with it.
Well let's just say, the "littles" did not get the memo that this session was important to me. Even writing that sounds silly... I have tons of pictures of my girls. But, not really many of the three of them together. So, I definitely set my expectations way too high. We started out good. Sienna was in the zone, and Ruby was going along with it knowing there was a "reward" on the other end... But, then as fate would have it, Sienna got too close to the water and she got her skirt wet. That was it.. The petti came off, followed very quickly by her little sisters in a heap in the sand. There was no amount of candy or ice cream that was going to get them back in the game. I was soooo disappointed. I do not have one photo of the three of them together looking at the camera. Humbling... You bet! I can now see the humor in them running around the beach in their "Hello Kitty" underwear!! I put way too much into this silly photo shoot, and I was disappointed when my girls didn't rise to the occasion! And, of course embarrased that two of my BFF's witnessed the whole thing. I am pretty sure God was teaching me a lesson here!
Thankfully, The Pearl, did get the memo. And, she also saw how disappointed I was. So, she stepped up to the plate and rocked my camera!! She is so fun to take pictures of. And, most of all, I love how she was there for her Mom. She gets me... I love that about her!
So here is the beautiful Pearl looking so pretty in her Petti for her Mama! Thanks Ainsley!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Blog Archive
-
▼
2010
(182)
-
▼
September
(15)
- Bye Bye Spleen!! Surgery Update!
- Sienna's Surgery....
- {Black and White Wednesday} Mr. and Mrs. Camp H!!
- Ainsley!
- Just pictures!!
- A Special Daddy!
- Just Because....
- Ice Skating Lessons!
- Are You Ready For Some Football?
- Pre-School Has Begun!
- Black & White Wednesday {Bethlehem Workshop}
- A Sweet Sienna Story!
- Black & White Wednesday {Sisters}
- State Fair!
- Pretty in HER Pettiskirt!
-
▼
September
(15)
Blogs I Try to Keep Up With!
-
So Long September~1 week ago
-
Our Wedding Rehearsal1 month ago
-
Destin Day 45 years ago
-
-
The Fourth7 years ago
-
What I have read lately7 years ago
-
-
{Happy Birthday to you...}8 years ago
-
-
Flood Part 4: Shelter Living10 years ago
-
-
Celebrating 2 Years With "Sweet Colin"12 years ago
-
Hilton Head ~ 201412 years ago
-
-
DON'T EVER QUIT !!!12 years ago
-
Adoption
Blog Archive
- 2014 (10)
- 2013 (57)
- 2012 (153)
- 2011 (205)
-
2010
(182)
- December(18)
- November(12)
- October(9)
-
September(15)
- Bye Bye Spleen!! Surgery Update!
- Sienna's Surgery....
- {Black and White Wednesday} Mr. and Mrs. Camp H!!
- Ainsley!
- Just pictures!!
- A Special Daddy!
- Just Because....
- Ice Skating Lessons!
- Are You Ready For Some Football?
- Pre-School Has Begun!
- Black & White Wednesday {Bethlehem Workshop}
- A Sweet Sienna Story!
- Black & White Wednesday {Sisters}
- State Fair!
- Pretty in HER Pettiskirt!
- August(12)
- July(16)
- June(16)
- May(13)
- April(16)
- March(27)
- February(10)
- January(18)
- 2009 (181)
- 2008 (179)
- 2007 (91)











19 comments:
Ainsley is so beautiful. You are a blessed mama!
She DID rock this photo shoot. Ainsley is so beautiful inside and out (just like you). I will never forget how we ALL had high hopes for that shoot and we did not get one shot of all the girls in their tutus/pettis. God certainly showed us what is important, right? But I felt so bad for you, my friend.
It is ironic that you mentioned being humbled here....in my Bible reading I keep coming across references to being humble and it is staying with me. In fact, I plan to post about it. I have a lot of questions about humility and humbleness etc.
I feel your pain, I've been there! Trying to get the "perfect" photo of 3 kiddos is not the easiest task.
The photos you do have are gorgeous!!! Take it all in stride. :)
Oh goodness! She is just beautiful! I am so glad that the petti worked out for you :)
I would love to put her photo on the SJB site. What do you think?
Awe it's so hard when we have a vision of what we really want to capture but our little's don't cooperate...sorry that happened but your beautiful Ainsley sure did rock your camera..wow she is such a beautiful little girl. It looks like you all had such a wonderful vacation together. Where did you get the petties from if you don't mind me asking. I would love to buy for my girls but I wasn't sure if I would find one that would fit Kira..she is a 12 right now and Emma a 5/6. Thanks for any info you might share;)
Janice
I am not even sure how Ainsley could get more beautiful!! She seems like such a sweet & compassionate girl - what a gift to be beautiful inside AND out!!
I have lost track of how many times God uses situations with my kids to humble me. {{sigh}} I guess that's why parenting is such a high calling!
I had a vision of Tess for last year's Christmas card photo that didn't work out: I had seen a photo with a flower wreath. I made one for her but it ended up being way too big for her little head. Then I had some pretty firm expectations of how ducks would behave when she was feeding them. Well didn't you know, the ducks did not follow my expectation or direction. I was made, then humbled. Plan b was a simple photo from snow fun which everyone loved. Wouldn't you know?! A humbling message for me too, I could so relate!
Beautiful photos!
Okay must say that you don't have one of all 3 looking at you, but I LOVE the pic of the back of them! Love the pics of A, and is just a beautiful girl and sounds like she is as much inside as she is on the outside!!
Wait I love the BACK shot of them!! I thought it was beautiful!! It's always good to get different shots I've learned especially of "non-cooperative" little ones! I captured one of my best shots that I use on here. I was wanting to capture my little one witnessing her first snowfall and couldn't keep the darn dog outta the pictures for anything. I would run up and jump on her and everything, I finally got the dog outta the room *so I thought* and it sauntered back in the room and just when I went to click the camera, the darn dog stood up on the windowsill beside her! It was one of my bestshots ever! The lighting was darker than I wanted, but it was like a silhouette of them and her red tutu and the dog's pink sweater lit up the picture! In fact, that is my Christmas card for this year!! I just learn to "go with it" now! Some days I just flat give up though!! LOL!!
I really love Ainsley's pictures!! That child can work the camera I tell you! I see why she does alot of commercial ads! She is gorgeous and her personality and beauty just leaps off the pages!!!
Wow...those photos are incredible! Makes up for what didn't work out with the two littles. You have so many gorgeous photos of your girls...give the pettiskirts time...you'll get them eventually.
Your pearl is a beautiful treasure! The photos of her are gorgeous! I think the photo of the 3 of them is very artistic and special when not compared to your hopes for the evening.
What a precious girl she is and so beautiful Di!! I have to say I so enjoyed getting to meet you in person. It is so nice to watch your family grow.
I am sure eventually you will get those pictures with the petti's.
Hugs,
Jody
Ainsley looks so grown up- a little lady! Love her bright smile!
You know how much i LOVE these pics of Ainsley.
I really do wish I had snapped a shot of your littles rolling in the sand in their underwear. It wouldn't have been so funny then, but it would now! Wesleigh was such a pill that night too! Ugh...
Maybe next year, we can get that petti shot!! :)
Love you!!
Ainsley really did come through! Last year on our family beach trip, I too set my sights on a photo of ALL of us on the beach -- didn't happen. Couldn't even get all the grandkids to the beach at the same time! Now it seems silly to me now how much that photo shoot mattered to me, and, yes, the Lord was teaching me something too! You did get some great ones though, and I really do love the one with all three in the pettiskirts with their back to the camera.
Love the pictures of Ainsley! She is a natural in front of that camera...
Diana, I feel like I could have written this post many times in the last year..... I have had so many "visions" that never panned out because I could not get cooperation from Sarah. I would have Nick willing and ready and she would want no part of my "vision"
You were not kidding when you said Ainsley rocked this shoot.....OH MY....she is gorgeous....she knows exactly what to do and the camera just LOVES HER! These photos are fabulous! Are you sure you can't bring her along this weekend? Only kidding..... next time:)
See you soon~
xoxo,
Lisa
She's a beautiful girl, inside and out.