Sunday, December 14, 2008

Norman Rockwell & Her Rubiness Collide In My Kitchen!

Our little Martha Stewart..
Norman Rockwell moments like this...
and this..
and this....
and this...
this too...  I delagated the flour measuring to Ainsley!
and of course this...
and this one too...

Goodbye Norman Rockwell...  Her Rubiness is now on the counter, and the fun begins....
The Pearl quite serious about her frosting task...
Merry Christmas Daddy!

Like many, one of my favorite Christmas traditions is baking cookies.  Two years ago while we were waiting for Ruby's referral, I packed up my mixer and The Pearl, and we went to the lake and baked.  It is one of my favorite Christmas memories.  

Ainsley and I started our baking festivities when Ruby went down for her nap yesterday.  It was all very Norman Rockwell-ish in the kitchen until an hour into it, Her Rubiness awoke!  Of course she wanted to be part of the fun.  We kept her entertained with her own mixing bowl, some batter and frosting for a while!  When she started climbing on the counters we had to change our strategy!  Maybe we let her watch a few episodes of Dora and Super Why to keep her busy!  

What a difference a year makes in the baking skills!  Ainsley was so much fun, and she did an amazing job frosting every sugar cookie cut-out we made.  These are Jeff's favorites, so how special that The Pearl made them look so beautiful!  She just may be our little Martha Stewart!

Ainsley and I learned that even a testy "Cookie Press" can be mastered with patience and a few laughs!!  I will always enjoy the memories of our 2008 Cookie afternoon!  Thanks Ainsley for blessing me.  I loved baking with you!

13 comments:

Mummy said...

Diana,

I just wanted to say that as a mom I really enjoy your blog. It's so refreshing to check in and see the beautiful photos and to hear the tales of a family loving each other and the Lord. :-)

Blessings.

Tracy said...

I love your 2006 Christmas memory with Ainsley :) Ainsley is quite the decorator of cookies!

Virginia said...

This is why I like your blog..it gives me the warm fuzzies =).

Sharon said...

Oh, that looks so fun Diana. I just had a breakdown today in the car with Mark over NOT getting to do Chritmas traditions like that, especially with my mom being sick and thinking back over what we did. We leave town every year and with the kids being teens and having finals, trying to wrap up work, blah,blah,blah I am SO weary!! It is all such a rush and honestly not fun at this point. If I could let ONE thing go this week I would BUT....enjoy those precious moments when they are little. I know they don't have to disappear as they get older but it sure is harder. (I hear MN is getting a snowstorm?? Oh, to be snowed in today!!)

Linette said...

How fun! We just did this at our house too. Can I just say how beautiful all of you are?! Love all these pictures! It doesn't get much better does it? :)

Anonymous said...

Aww.. I had a baking afternoon with my 9 year old Gabbie this weekend. It was cold outside and we felt all cozy and warm. I had to laugh because I put Ainsley (almost 3yr) down for a nap as well. I was feeling a little guilty that she was missing out on all the fun but it was nice to spend some quality time with my big girl. Glad to see that I wasn't the only one who thought that napping and baking should happen at the same time! Merry Christmas!

Adele said...

There is nothing more fun than seeing kids in the kitchen! I just love it! I think it is wonderful that they love helping out with baking. It looks like Ainsley is a pro at it! Look out Martha Stewart!
I love their aprons. Precious!
Have a wonderful holiday!

Christy said...

Love the pics and yes it looked very norman rockwellish. Im glad the girls are getting old enough to really enjoy these fun christmas traditions. My boys love it and mia does as well but she just doesnt get it like the boys do-- she will though.

Hugs,

Christy :)

Love Being A Nonny said...

I love these pictures!! Where did you get the aprons?

Robin said...

I love moments like these!!!

Blessings,
Robin

Mimi's Toes said...

I am in awe of these moments you have captured so beautifully. Your little girls are the most precious angels. I can see the love in the eyes and I can picture your "Pearl" either a news anchor women or weather reporter on t.v. some day. She has got that face that belongs on the screen. Maybe our next women president, who knows. I just see something in those eyes and smile. It melts my heart! Ruby has great things also ahead of her. You are one blessed momma! Those cookies look yummy! What a great way to start my day this morning before getting ready for work....Love to hear Christmas songs by Amy Grant....I just adore your blog!

camp h said...

Their smiles just melt my heart!!!! These are so great! Thanks for sharing!

Love ya!

Liz

3 Peanuts said...

I love these photos. They are so cute. Aisley's facial expressions are the best. Even these crazy hectic times are good memories (at least when we look back they will be;)

Love you,
Kim

No Hands But Ours

Blog Archive

Blog Archive